Ladder build questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Johansen

Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on building a 1" SS tube permanently mounted folding ladder for the back of my 1993 190DC.

What I would like to know is how far down the back of the boat should I go before the hinge? I know that at speed and on plane basically the entire back of the boat is out of the water but should I keep it up further to avoid it catching water and creating a big spray at slower speeds? It's just that the longer I make the solid portion of the ladder the longer the folding step can be.

Also, how far down would you bring mounting points? Only as far down the back as you can get at to put a nut and washer, or is there a strong and reliable way to have a blind mounting point? If so I would prefer a threaded insert that you can remove the fasteners and replace them without breaking any seal. I'll probably have to make something like that. Most of the back of my boat is inaccessible due to it being filled with floatation foam I think.

I want to start using the boat with the kids for swimming and other fun and it's a real pain to get back in the boat after swimming!

Thanks!

Steve

Google bass boat boarding ladders and check out the different types. I am looking at a transom single pole 3 step that folds up.

Latest posts

Back