Kistler Rod Steal of a Deal

• Thread starter LEIGH MIDDLETON [URL]http://www.kistlerrods.com/p/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep hearing (and I'm sure you do too) about all these high dollar rods snapping.

I'm glad I don't have any cuz I ABUSE mine!:lol:

I have 15 or so of these, abuse them and don't have any problems...great rod.

I had 10 of the Kistler LTA and in four months, I broke two of them on hook sets. I sent them back and they would not replace them, only give me a discount on a new one. Their warrantee is not life time, it is one year, and you better be able to prove when you bought it. I went ahead and bought the two discounted rods, because it was cheaper than buying them at regular price and I needed the rods replaced. A few months later I broke another one on hook set, I didn't even call them, I just bought a Duckett micro magic for the same price I was discounted on the Kistler. I tested the Duckett and the Kistler with the same bait and reel and the Duckett casted farther, and weighted a little less. Now I own four Duckett rods, which ARE life time warranteed. I have not broke any more Kister rods, and it has been two years since then. I really liked the LTA Kistler rods, and still do, but the Ducketts are cheaper, lighter, cast farther, and have a much better warrantee. I am not down on Kistler, they are a great rod, but not their warrantee. JMO

All high end rods are light for a reason. less resin on the graphite carbon sheets prior to rolling them. Less resin also means more brittle. They will break easier.

Latest posts

Back