keys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess Yaj

Reaction score
ISO of these type of keys....for 91 nitro 160tf bass boat...need keys to lock the storage or rod compartment...can someone helped or had a few keys to let go of....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 139
Not all keys are the same. When I rebuilt my Nitro I took the stock locks off and contacted a company that sold those boat storage locks so I could get a complete set keyed alike. You could try the dealerships as sometimes they keep a lot of spare keys in the tool boxes. Look at the lock and see if it has a number imprinted on it. Personally though, after replacing the locks, I found them to be a PITA and if somebody wants in it, it would take less than 10 seconds to open it without a key.

Locks are to keep honest people honest. I just reset the pins so that any key or a flat tip screwdriver will open the lock. Never do I leave expensive items in the boat for any great length of time. It was nice when I had a lockable garage. Now under a carport with a storage cover, I bring all equipment in the house. It has cut down on the extra's I have in the boat.

cq

Latest posts

Back