Kenda Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, I found a 10year old thread on here where I was asking about bias ply vs radial. I never upgraded my bias ply on my 2002 640lx trailer as I just didn't see the need. I used the heck out of it from 2003 to 2008 until it went into 'extended storage' until now.

I'm just going with bias ply again, I've been working on the boat and just towed it for a test run on the river for the last time on the 11 year old original tracker bias plys.

I'm getting Kenda K550's for it and just wondered if anyone has experience with Kenda.

Are you towing long distances? If so, you may want radials. I towed my boat from N.C. to Florida on bias and had a blowout. Swapped all tires (including spare) to radial, towed back to N.C. and didn't have any issues. Had Kenda bias tires for 4 years. My two pennies...

I won't even consider anything but raidial. The difference in towing was huge. I've blown every bias belt tire I've owned on a trailer usually on a hot er than hell day.

fatrap

Thanks for the replies, I guess its the heat or the heat from long trips that get em. I guess I'm happy to hear nojerseydevil got 4yrs out of them. I'm about 12miles from the ramp I use on the river with no highway and 45-50 mph zones to get there. When I get going in the season I just go there and try and stay on them instead of fishing different area lakes. I didn't spend much to get the bias and this included rims. I think I'll keep my old rims around and consider mounting radials on them prior if long distance trip ever comes into the equation. However for now all I forcast is short trips so I hope I made a sound choice, also wife should enjoy having old tires/rims laying about....

Latest posts

Back