Keelshield size

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I am fixing to order a keel shield for my nx882. It shows that I get the 6' but would it hurt if I get the 7' instead. Just for a little more protection. Also how do the channels cut in the shield effect turning? Will they grip and try to stretch the shield over? Just worried about it catching water and then coming loose. Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to have to try and take it off once it is glued.

You WON'T take it off once it's on. They are permanent! Well, at least not without potentially damaging your hull. You can up to the 7', when you're running it won't even be in the water. Just for beaching protection. I highly recommend one. Make sure you read the installation instructions closely.

I know if your doing it yourself, which most do it takes some time an effort, but it's not hard. Just make sure it's warm out, I think the hull temp needs to be at least 70 before you install for the glue set correctly. I put mine on 4 years ago and have beat that thing up bad, still holding just as tight as the day I installed it.

Travis, once you do your prep work right and put it on, it will not come off!! A second pair of hands help a lot. 7 foot will work as long as the shield starts about 6 inches from your bow eye and does not go to the flat part (pad) of your hull. Do your prep work well and to the letter and it will be fine. Great product with a lifetime warranty.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back