Just a question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking this could be the START of some "bad things".....

I like the "skill" of trying to intice a bass...NOT throwing a muli imitation into the water and 'dragging' it along..:eek:

I have no issues with it and I think its a very effective set up. The question is, where does it stop? Is it going to stop with the 5 swimbaits on one rig? Why not 10? Why not 15? I agree with Bobski, I personally enjoy the "skill" of the hunt, if you will. A lot of peoples issues with tournament fishermen these days is greed is taking over and this is a VERY effective way to fill a livewell quickly. I would personally never use it in a tournament, however, I do fish it for fun. Not much trumps a triple 3.5 smallmouth on one rig!

It is not a magic bait that all fish come and bite because it has 5 baits on it. Like any other bait it is situational. I have thrown it and let me tell you it isn't like you thow 5 casts and load the boat no matter what. The "newness" and cool factor will wear off just like it did with the basstrix and the chatterbait.

I think that it's one of the current "fad" baits, and should die off soon. Anywhere I can catch 3 to 5 fish on one rig at the same time, I could probably catch the same fish on consecutive casts because they are stacked up like cord wood. Not doubting anyone's claims, but I don't see it as some big wow bait. I may be totally wrong, as I've never tried it. (Haven't had the desire to use it yet).

Hard to impart action to five baits at the same time too.

I don't think I could use it anywhere I fish, as it would be clogged with grass. I may have to twist up a few of my own design to see how they would do, but I'm fairly certain the "original" shown on that web page above would come up with a 30 pound grass ball on the end of it. Pretty simple design actually. I've done something similar in Florida with two leaders (vice 5), and it didn't work for me. Might have been the area I was fishing too.

All the best,

Glenn

I say forget the lures then and jump right into the all new Shock boats. That's right you too can hand pick your limit. No more sore shoulders and endless casting all day. Just take off go shock up a good limit and be back in time by noon for lunch. No more long days.

I did a double rig with swimbaits a few years ago http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmoormandoublehudd.html Even two good fish are to much and you can lose the 2nd fish a lot.

I'm not a big tourney guy so it doesn't matter what I say I guess.

bassindon69,

I'd rather hear from an honest weekend fisherman than a big tourney guy most of the time, so your comments are welcome. :)

All the best,

Glenn

Check your state laws also. I jave been told that in some states that a drop shot is not legal due to having the hook above the weight!!!!!! Some states limit the number of hooks etc........:unsure:

Randy!

Umbrella Rig:rolleyes:

Agree...why not troll or use live bait:wacko:

Randy,

michigan was one of those states. the law changed now and we canuse a drop shot almost everywhere. There are restrictions in designated trout streams and certain river mouths.

it used to be a great way to snag salmon during the spring and fall run, thats why the hook above the weight was banned.

So I was/am not totally crazy!!!!! The mind must still work some times!:cool:

Randy!

A-rig is not legal in Tn. I have a buddy who threw it all day in KY, and said he got tender shoulder. Two years ago I was slaying them in my river with a Storm Crazy-Eyed swim bait; not even close to being as productive last year or this. A-rig will probably go the same route.

I talked to a conservation agent in Missouri and he said it could only have 3 baits on it. We have them at BPS- St. Charles and I don't think I need one.

Well as always you all have sent me in the right direction again. I don't really think I'll throw one but everyone around here is just going nuts over them. Like most agreed, there is a lot skill that will be lost in the mass of wire and hooks, just my opinion. Me I'll just stick to a worm or a crankbait. Thanks to all for the discussion.

Jason...I STILL have my Bajo Minnow Kit that my FIL bought for me at Christmas and STILL haven't used!:eek:

I also have a partial Banjo Minnow kit from my FIL. Funny. I break it out every so often and we get a good laugh.

Gimme a SuperFluke and I'll outfish a Banjo anyday of the week and twice on Sunday:p

Latest posts

Back