JR,....Camaro info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
The first convertables for the test pool will be built in Oct. 2010...the start of regular production is Jan. 2011.;)

well i guess i will have to wait...I will order It as soon as they let me..You getting ready for the MVM ???

Yessir!! I've been gathering things up and respooling reels, etc. Need to start packing clothes this weekend and do some more tackle maintenance, organizing, repleneshing, etc!!

The weather, water temps and full moon should make this year's Toadapalooza the BEST ever!! We'll be posting pix's regularly!!:rolleyes::cool:

He better be. I am struggling to stay at the office. Will get out of here at 4pm go home, mow the grass, treat the pool, grab a bite and go beddy by. Get up at 3am and head to Virginia. Will get there 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Monday I need to get the truck into my sponsoring dealer and get it inspected and the oil changed. CIII will swing by Tuesday and we will hook his rig up to my truck then get up and hit the road by 3am Wednesday. Will be at KD Outdoors by lunch. Can you tell CIII's, over organization skills are rubbing off on me?:lol: :lol: Good thing is that I got my SPRO order in the mail yesterday and it's loaded with new gear. I'm not even gonna open it up till I get up there....just like Christmas.

TOXIC

I guess I'll head south for my own lil' Toadapalloza but,nothing like the MVM....

Dale's SM spawned out awhile back :(

Mac, you better be spooling one of those up for me! Mini was just braggin' how he caught like 50....I better not hear, "Well they were biting last week..." It better be on like DONKEY KONG in my thong! :p CANT FREAKIN WAIT!!! Going to Florida the week after so I have lots to look forward to.

This time last year I just got laid off and dumped. I am living proof that life can turn around quickly. I am loving it these days!!!

I just threw up in my mouth a little....thanks Tox...

Oh and I have been telling you folks for years that we need to mix it up a little....

Who wants to drive to Saginaw Bay and smack some? Got a good report from there yesterday. My old tourney partner went up and stomped a mud hole in em.....both brown and green fish with the emphasis on brown. gin clear water (cleaner than clair) on beds and average size is bigger....

Teri? Tox? just for the day....its about an hour and a half drive (a little less) and we can catch em till your thumbs get raw!

I'll go anywhere as long as I can stick some TOADS !!!! and pee in your newly renivated livewell. :lol:

what day? the day with the least wind! Saginaw bay is the size of 5 or 6 St Clairs....and its shallower!

Teri...you arent peeing in my livewells any longer. They have lights in em now :)

Aaargh!!! Now I got that d@mn Thong Song stuck in my head!!! (And some visual images giving me the willies!!! :blink::unsure: ) Thanks dudes & dudette!! :lol::lol::lol::D

Now this is a post hi-jack that should go down in history!!:lol::lol: Made it back to VA fine, just a long a$$ drive. Honey-doo's almost complete. There's a new surprise every time I come home...this time it was a new tiled bathroom:rolleyes: Oh well, it needed it and I sure wasn't going to get to it.

I am soooooooo ready to go!!

TOXIC

I went fishing today for the first time since the big flood and caught some nice largemouths and all I could think is.....this aint nothin' compared to what I'll be catching this week. I cant freakin' wait!!!

Guess I am going shopping at lunch this week for a thong and a port-a-pot! :blink:

They make them as one? I dont wanna see that! lol

Teri you have no idea how this is lining up.

The weather the for the next week is looknig perfect. the males are just showing up on beds and females are soon to follow. I saw 3 or 4 times yesterday males trying to "push" females to the beds....lots of prespawn fish going....with the full moon. It will be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!

Check the long term forecast for Mount Clemens, MI or Harsens Island, MI. Bring sunscreen!!!!

Take a bunch of pics folks!! We're waiting "with baited breath" for the next installment of 'Toad-A-Palooza'! :D

Just may have to make the run with y'all some time. ;)

As stated Dan. You are welcome ANY time. Just let me know!

Mini, I was packing my snow suit last night. Guess I need to check out weather.com. I was fishing in my bathing suit yesterday! Attracted DNR. :lol: He was very nice and didn't even check anything. I think he was surprised to see 2 girls in bikini tops fishing.

80's??? WTF! I need to repack! Last time I froze my ars off. I was going to be prepared this time. Out with the gloves, in with the tank tops!

Just pack a sweatshirt or two and a jacket...you'll need it for the a.m.'s......but we're expecting a stretch of REAALLY nice weather!! :rolleyes: (Rainsuit is mandatory too,..even if it's just for cold runs in the a.m.)

Rainsuit definately mandatory. Along with sweatshirts. As Mac experienced yesterday, the cool air temps across the water vs land can be quite a shock! We were running out of a protected bay (it wasnt windy) that had water temps in the low to mid 60's. Out into the main lake where water temps were in the mid 50's and it was like driving into a walk in cooler. Once we got to our destination, the air temps rose again.

You will need a rain suit for some of the runs especially on the weekend when you are here Teri. The wind can be nothing and it will be flat calm in the morning and by the afternoon when all the big boats come out and play, the lake will get whipped up into 3 footers coming from every direction. Its like a bathtub and its inevitable that you will get sprayed from it while running.

Dont worry about it too much....its only cold until you dry off :)

My 100mph suit is my American Express....I don't go fishing without it!

Have I said...I CANT FREAKIN WAIT!!!

Be sure and be careful what you catch,,Remember who your with BWhahahaahah....Weather has been Figgin HOT I am so burned and I was under an awning..Must be the medicine I am one I have never been this sunburned even out In the boat....You ought to tear them up with the weird weather...

You are missing the 500 this year,Not missing much really..They can't leave well enough alone here.....Hope youall really tear them up..Next year I will drive my camero conv up for the day and visit....Stay Safe And remember Stay Thirsty my friends...HEE

Teri,

Mini is correct.....you will get wet....if you ride in one of those tugboat Rangers!!!:p

Hop in my Skeeter and we'll stay high and dry....ask Tox about crossing the lake a couple years ago in 5-6 footers when everyone else trailered around to launch.

The only wetness he experienced was in his thong from the excitement of such a fine ride!!! :lol:

Uh...Ken,

We had no choice but to run the lake, you didn't have your trailer!!!:lol: I had the option of riding over but I felt that it would be easier to identify 2 bodies in the water!!:lol::lol:.....and don't forget, we were almost out of gas!! That was one hellofa ride but i was really shocked at how we did. Good driver, good boat (when the motor ground is hooked up). :eek::lol:

TOXIC

umm Ken, should I talk about the THREE waves from last fall on the River??? Submarine Skeeter I tell ya!!

You scare me with the wet thong stuff man:)

Yes Tox, those Rangers are nice towboats.:rolleyes:

Carlos,

It was only 2 waves....the 3rd was incidental as we were laughing our arses off about the first 2!!! :lol:

Ken,...next time we're out together, I'll show you how to drive your boat!! Seems I remember you driving mine once and you speared TWO back to back!!:blink::wacko: Luckily for us it was August and 95 freakin' degrees....felt GREAT!!!...LOL!!

OK Mac...let me explain

We only speared one in the Ranger, the second was incidental as we were laughing our arses off about the first one!!!

Besides that....I was just a young pup back then and full of piss and vinegar!!!

Agreed,......it was funny as hell. And you will always be a young pup in my eyes!!;)

Carlos,

I also recall that I put you on a 7-1/2lb smallie that day my brother....that was worth the soaking!!!

Do we have to bring up spearing waves Mac? :)

Neeley if you are such an awesome driver then why do you make me drive your boat? :)

Tow boats? HA! You should get that Skeeter wet before you start throwing jabs bro! How many times has it been wet in 2010? It doesnt count if you are in your driveway either!

I might head to Stoney tonight to see if I can get some hubcap sized crappie to eat for the weekend. I have to finish mounting my LCX28cHD on the bow though....

The moon will be full tomorrow and then a cold front on Thursday. Gonna drop the temps from Mid 80's to mid 70's.. I think the fish will still bite :)

Mini,

I can't stop you from driving my boat....I know how much u miss your Skeeters!!!

And I learned a lot of driving skills from you brother....you are one of the best out there!!!

I didnt have a Skeeter long enough to miss it!!! OUCH!!!!

Wanna go to Stoney tonight?

Yeah you're right Mini,.....you've speared a few too. I know you hate to be reminded!:lol:

I am the first to admit it!!!! Some you cannot help (especially in a Ranger)! But three in a row???? in that weather???? I shoulda smacked you! lol I saw each one coming too and funny how you stayed dry....lol

Mini,

Can't make it tonite...gotta work and finish shopping and getting ready for the MVM. Thanx for the offer though.

Back