Jewel heavy cover finesse jig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim King

Reaction score
Anyone here use the Jewel bait Co. heavy cover finesse jig? I like to throw the old ball and chain, but have recently (last fall) started using this jig also. I really like it as an alternative and to show them something different. I have been on the water twice in the last week and the bass have absolutely smoked this jig. I caught four fish over 5 lbs and numerous 2 to 4 lbers! The first day I fished it last fall I caught a smallie over 6 lbs on it. This is the same jig that Mike McClelland won two BASS Elite tournaments on. It is made by the same people that make the Eakins jigs (which I also use a lot). Just curious as to new uses as I am just learning to use this type of jig. I know there have to be some football jig users on here.

Thanks,

Tim

Here in MO, when you talk jigs you are talking about Jewel Eakins or Jewel Football or some type of Jewel jig. very popular around here and work very well. Got to be quite expensive for me so I now just make my own jigs. both football and the Eakins style.

DCHANCE

What do you use for trailers on the heavier jigs? I've been using a twin tail Fat Albert or the Yum twin tail. I use the Eakins craw or a Paca Chunk on the Eakins jig. Where you do most of your fishing at? I used to get to Truman quite a bit, but haven't been there in a couple of years now.

Tim

Back