Jacking Up Trailer Safely

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john gaddis

Reaction score
I have a Nitro NX 898 (heavy boat) on a 2003 galvanized Trailstar tandem axle trailer with brakes on the rear axle.

Where should I place the floor jack to lift the back of the boat without damaging the trailer? I want to raise it up quite a bit so I can do some brake and spring work underneath. Will use jack stands once up for support.

Thanks!

I did similar work at the ramp. Dumped the boat in the water and moved off to the back corner out of the way. Much safer and easier:cool: Although you must be confident it's a one day job.

JP

That's really not an option for me. Work must be done on my driveway. Thanks for responding.

I lifted mine a side at a time using jack stands to hold it up, in two places on each side

The normal load points for the trailer are the tongue and axles. I would place some cribbing under the tongue (on the main trailer section if a swing tongue) and jack up one side of the trailer either in front of the leading axle or the back of the trailing axle and place jack stands in front and back of the axles. If you can access the frame between the 2 axles as a jack location even better. With that said, I have a big roll around floor jack. Just go slow and observe what the trailer is doing while lifting.

Probably goes wihtout saying, but either hook up to your truck and set the parking brakes or make sure to chock the other wheel(s) both front and back at the very least.

Randy!

Latest posts

Back