Jack plate and power pole installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wagner

Reaction score
I have a Nitro Z7 with no jack plate. I am considering the possibility of adding a jack plate and mounting a power pole to the jack plate. I have a couple questions:

1) Will the bolts that attach the jack plate to the transom go into the same four holes that the motor bolts do now? I hate the idea of plugging and re-drilling the transom on a one year old boat.

2) Can a power pole be mounted to any jack plate, or are there only certain jack plates that accommodate the poles? I am thinking of a 6" plate, which I believe is common on the Z7's.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Thanks, Dan. I checked out that site and they definitely seem to have everything that is needed. I see that there are many different mounting brackets for power poles, some that attach to the side of certain jack plates and some that mount between the motor and the transom using the motor bolts. Are you aware of any advantages or disadvantages or either type of mount?

Mike

I'm not a Power Pole user. More of a push pole guy. If you call Rich at Hydrilla Gear he'll give you the complete lowdown. He has been THE guy selling Power Pole since the beginning. You won't regret talking with him. I can guarantee it. Good luck! ;)

Will do- thanks for the advice. There are so many options to consider!

Latest posts

Back