"It's too cold to go fishing!"...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
...said the wife on Thursday. We had ice everywhere. Schools closed, streets impossible to navigate...just a cold, nasty mess around the homestead. :( About mid-day, my buddy calls and says, "Let's take the little boat down to the plantation and see if they're biting." The next day we were on the road pointed south! IT WAS AWESOME!! :wub:

p_00155.jpg

It was wet and rainy Friday through Sunday, but the fish were on and we wore the paint off traps and cranks through Monday when the front passed.

p_00162.jpg

I'll take a rainy N FL and 60's over a frozen N GA winter any time!! ;):D

Nice fish for winter! or any time for that matter.

It will be a high of 42 tomorrow but I am headed to the lake in my snowsuit! Need time to play with my structure scan before tournaments start up again.

Nice fish! I went fishing today. It was cool here in Louisiana, 72 was the high.

Bubby:)

Dems Niceuns!

I love reading the reports and seeing all the big Brown Fish from Dale Hollow in the winter:cool:

Friday was a high of 74 and then gradually went south as the days went on and the front I left caught up to us. By Saturday afternoon through early Monday the temps dropped about 30 degrees and the rain and cold air had me wearing just about everything I brought with me! :eek: (I must have lived in S FL too long! :lol: ) With the weather so nasty we stayed on the plantation and fished the PCS pits in White Springs for the whole trip. It may not be as scenic as the river and no current to pattern, but the fishing was great and the fish didn't seem to mind the conditions taking a dump. I reckon they're always cold and wet. :lol:

Latest posts

Back