It's Happening!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Wow,..I'm starting to like it when my phone rings now!! LOL

Just got a call from Wally "Mr. Crappie" Marshall, in TX.

We had 500 of our new Mr. Crappie TShirts printed up a month ago and took 100 of them to the Classic.....we sold 63 there and BPS just agreed to buy the remaining 400+. They'll be available in the Dallas store only for now, since Wally lives there and he'll be working the Fall Hunting Classic,..but I have also been asked to produce 3 more designs right NOW,...a LM, SM and Walleye,..(Scales and Tales style characters of course,...and any other design I want to submit for possible purchase) and they want them to be made available in more of the stores by Xmas of this year!! UN-Believable!!! I am so stoked!!

I have worked so hard for this and it's finally happening!! I've got some ideas now for the LM and SM, so I'll do them 1st and the Walleye will evolve from there.

I also got a call at home the other night from another MAJOR Pro who wants me to work on a project with him too, but that's going to remain confidential per his request!!

Anyway, be on the look out for some SWEEET new "must have" tshirt designs for your 2003 fishin' season!!LOL...I'll keep ya'll posted.....time to take the wife to dinner and then get busy,....and to think I don't have time to fish now,...ahahaha....atleast the sacrifice is now bearing fruit!! All for now!!

Mac

Congrats! I really love your work and am sure the rest of the world will too!

Jim

Mac - Way to GO!!!! I guess it's time to go ahead and frame that autographed Mr. Crappie T-Shirt from the Classic!

Hey you never did answer if I can wash it? Do NOT want to loose that signature you put on front!

A few more like this and you can tell GM to find a new designer!

Congrats Mac way to go. Love your stuff. Can't wait to see the new designs.

Rob L

Congratulations, Mac! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Mac,

I live just a few minutes from BPS Grapevine, TX...

I for one will get one of the shirts!

Kraig

Oh and Mac, go ahead and put me down for 2 adult Larges, 2 kids size 5 of all you come up with. You know the address, Man those will make GREAT presents, his and hers fishing shirts!!!

Congrats!

You can garuntee that you will see me and mrs. sim in the shirts!

Keep us posted!

Mac, way to go, I think your work is of exceptional quality and I truly enjoy your designs. It was a blast getting to meet you and your sidekick at the rally. Best of luck, and this is just the start of better things to come....

Buzz

Thanks guys,....i really appreciate the support! Kraig,..make sure you run over there during the fall Classic

and get one! Wally will be there and he's such a cool guy!

Tell him I said HI and if you get the chance during your conversation,....slip in this phrase in a slow texas drawl..

"That's what Uhm talllkkiinn' aboouut!!" ahahahaha....Wally says that to me all the time and it just cracks me up!!!

and if he shows you a shirt in person,....hold it up and say,.."Man,..that's finer than a frog hair split 4 ways!!"

LOL!!!!...That one really made me laugh,...he's fulla that stuff!! I'll get some SWEEEEEET designs made up and post them here!

TREP,...You can wash the shirt,...the black sharpies are pemanent ink, but the colored markers may fade.....i think i just signed yours though,....didn't add a fish on it!

Thanks again though,...we'll hookup in GA next spring!!

Seeya,

Mac

Mac, just remember all work & no play WON"T work. Always take time to fish & spend time with the family life is to short. Enjoy your "happening".

Mac - congratulations! Them that deserves - gets!

Looking forward to the new shirts. You are certainly a 'talent', and your hard work and dedication are really starting to pay off.

Tex

Mac - Don't worry you DID add a fish with the phrase "Michael you ROCK!!" that's why I was afraid to wash it, didn't want to loose the "custom" autograph!!! I'll be wearing it to a BBQ tomorrow night, i'll be the ENVY of every fishman their!!!

Mac,

Congrats! I like to see talented people get what they deserve!

Bob G.

Sweet. It's great when the work finally starts to pay off, and you get to do what you love. Enjoy it Mac, you deserve it.

I'd be happy to sign them Barb,...but I'd rather meet you in person and sign it while you're wearing it!!..ahahha

I signed and drew on a bunch of shirts at the Classic,..several of them were on babes too....one girl came up to me and said,.."I REAALLYY like your bass,..will you draw one on my shirt for me?"...the back of the shirt was loaded with autographs so I picked an open spot up on her shoulder and drew a big ol' female smilin' bass with eyelashes and a couple pink hearts over her head and signed it,.."Love, Mac!"...she pulled her shirt around enough to see it when I was done and she said,.."SWEEEEEEET!!!I love it!!...I'm going to put this shirt in a shadow box frame and hang it in my rec. room!"....her husband looked at it and laughed and shook my hand,..said,.."Thanks Mac,..your stuff is awesome,...but I'm glad I met her FIRST though!"...ahahahhah that was funny,.....stuff like that happens all the time at those shows...I have WAAYY too much fun!!

Now that Mac's getting big and famous, he may not be able to fish tournaments anymore...and to think, I have the privilege of fishing a tourney with him this Sunday!!!

Can we wear crappie shirets to the weigh-in?!? LOL

Ken - Have someone bring a camera, i would LOVE to see both of you in print!!

I only have 1 of those shirts!!...ahaahhaahh......I have to get more myself...We'll have to get more printed though since BPS bought our remaining supply!! Let me work on getting you one Ken,........it's not like you've never done anything for me!!...ahahaahhha,....BTW,..I'll always make time for tournaments,....it's the "pre-fishing" time that get's cut!! I need a "serious" partner that will be willing to do most of that in exchange for various perks I can provide them...applications being accepted!!..LOL

Mac

MAN! I need to take up drawing! LOL Regardless of what Ken says about you Mac, I think you're destined for greatness. Hoping someday when your enterprise rakes in enough money from you cartoon publishing agency and you're on the road on the circuit, you and I can be traveling partners like some of the other pros! Maybe I can get you to do a mural (sp?) on the side of my motor coach? LOL But how are going to swing all that when it's your turn to run for prez in 8 years after Neeley's 2 terms?

Great idea Mike!! We can make that happen!! Let me get a hold of Wally and see when he's going to get more printed..

we can do the Crappie shirts now.....but I'll let you know when the other designs are done and we'll go from there!!

Again,..thanks EVERYBODY for the comments and encouragement,

it motivates me to the max!!...

Lookin' forward to sunday Ken,....we had a riot in NY,..we'll have even more fun this weekend!! Seeya at the ramp!(I'll get there early to get us entered for a low launch #,.......we need a head start,..TO GET TO MINI's spots!!!LOLOL)

Mac

I don't want to be Prez,...I have all the same perks now without the stress!! Life is GOOOD!!!..ahahaha

Hey, I just had an idea! LOL I know it doesn't happen much but here goes. We keep talking about Team Nitro/Tracker Owners shirts. Why not have a custom logo/toon by Mac to go on the back? Then www.NitroOwners.com or TrackerOwners.com on the front on one side with our names on the other. We can have our names put on once we get them. Maybe even a USA flag on one shoulder, and then leave the space open for each person to put on patches of sponsors as they get them, or if they even want to. Whataya think guys? It could be a toon with a big ole LM and his buddy the "toad" smallie hiding under a dock trying to escape Team Nitro/Tracker Owners, with a catchy little phrase that Mac is always good at coming up with. We could take the winter (ah, can't believe I said that word) and shop the shirts around until we find a good deal on a shirt that most agree on. Then if Mac agrees, we can find a shop that will put the logo on the back and the emrodery on the front. It can be a group buy. Just a thought. I know I'd wear it in next year's Everstarts, LCI trail, and B.A.S.S. events. Heck I'd buy 2 or 3. I can look into the shirts here. The same place that did the rally trophies does shirts and hats. I've been toying with getting some fitted caps for my guide service anyhow. Maybe by getting it all together, I can get us a deal.

Hey Rob,

Great idea about the shirts!! I'm in for a buy if Mac would be willing to do it for us!!

Barb

I want in on the shirt deal if it happens.

You guys ought to see Mac at work. He makes it look effortless. I wish I had that kind of talent. He drew a nice little sketch for my boy one night in a minute or so. It's on his wall. Mac, Cody keeps turning my "Bubble Gum" print upside down because of the one fish floating upside down. He says, I have it wrong. LOL And he want's to know why the fish is pooping pink! Ha! Gotta an answer that I can relay to a 4 year old?

I'd be happy to help with a NTOWS logo for shirts, but it really has to be a winter project,....I'm buried right now and it's going to take all of August and Sept to get caught up!! I like the idea too......we should be able to get Tracker and Nitro to get us a good "group price" on our choice of shirts....Tracker shirts for the Tracker owners..Nitro shirts for Nitro owners,..with a common "customized" NTOWS logo available to be embroidered on both of them........that would be cool!! Great idea Rob!

We'll just keep it simple for cost purposes....digitizing is the biggest cost,...but it's a one time fee.....after that, ya just pay to have it put on whatever you want. digitizing is fairly expensive though depending on the size and complexity of the design...usually $150 and up for a decent logo.....after that it may only cost $10-12 to have it put on a shirt/jacket or hat.....let me do some inquiring,...maybe we can have corporate pick up the tab on that if we agree to just buy our appearal from them as required.....just a thought. They could sell a ton of tournament shirts just to the members of this board!! that sure would make it nice aye??

Mac

Congrats Mac on the new possibilities opening for you.

You and Ken make sure you kick some bass this weekend and make sure you give us a report

GO TEAM NITRO!!!

Thanx Jon...I gotta go practice now...

one, two, three, four, ffffff fi fi fi fi FIVE!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Rich, is this kosher with you? The site is your baby.

I don't mean to answer for Rich,...but I don't think he'd mind a little free publicity for this site via having us wear the URL on our tournament shirts,...can't ask for better PR than that!!...

Way to go Mac! You certainly deserve it!

And count me in on a shirt or two!

Carli

Latest posts

Back