It's an illness

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I just bought a set of Johnny Morris spinning reels to replace the BPS Enticer spinning reels on my Walleye Signature rods. Looking at the Enticers and how nice they are i feel that I have to buy new rods for them and put them back in the boat. Please explain tackle junkie two me. Is there a ten step program?

fatrap

I am afraid there is NO hope for your kind. i have a similar affliction.

If you can figure it out in the next 2 hours let me know. I'm heading to BB on lunch to buy another Johnny Morris Gold series baitcaster. It's not like I need it. I already have two Johnny Morris signature series baitcasters and two Johnny Morris Elite series baitcasters along with all of my others that I have. How many rods can you cast at one time LOL. It's a sickness I'm telling you, a sickness.

Of course, Fatrap has the worst problem on tackle - since he is IN a BPS all the time. However, at my new job, I drive by Cabella's every day - twice. Haven't stopped as yet, but the 'gravity pull' from the place is terrific!

Ten Step Program

1. Go buy some 'stuff' to satisfy short term need.

2. Do not open BPS/Cabella's or any other catalog.

3. Take cold shower.

4. Do not drive by or go into a tackle shop.

5. Do not browse the Internet for deals.

6. Pay no attention to the many postings of TritonGlenn selling stuff.

7. Pay no attention to whatever it is that Teri is buying this week.

8. Find more tackle shops that are like the one's found by Trepper in China.

9. Do not watch ANY fishing show on cable - especially Roland Martin's show.

10. Repeat step 1 - as often as needed to satisfy need :wub:.

Tex

Problem is, it is a twelve step program not ten! Besides you can never have enough stuff!

Tex,

#6. Seriously man... That's just wrong!.... :p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

#7 was funny as heck though! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Like Tex said. I work there. I eat lunch with the fishing guys. They KNOW my weakness and play to it. I do make a sharp right turn and go up the steps to my gun counter before I go through the boat section. They already got me once.

Glenn....#7....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave...I'm glad I don't drink or smoke

Carlos you should SEE the river cat rigs we just got in. The reels are the size of my Honda generator.

fatrap

( | )

Do you know what that is? My big butt mooning you for #7.

And just so you know....I will have lots of stuff on the swap and sell shortly. My "coach" has said I need to have all (well most) uniform rods and reels so I will be having a clearance sale on some barely used good stuff!!

I know what you mean Fatrap. I do well in the store until I go to the fishing department. I have 14 rod and reels that I have on the boat and another 8 or so in the shed. You have to be pepared.

Let the bidding begin. Teri has some barely used good stuff for sale. Might even be some fishing stuff included.. Sorry:unsure: Me and Mr Daniel's have been weathering the storm tonight. LOL

BF

Teri is barely used....

Are we auctioning her off?

I had the same problem with baits...........One day I took time to look and I had so much plastic I couldn't believe it. Many duplicates but at the time I bought them I was thinking I was out of a particular color or bait..........until I took time to look. I talk to myself when I am on the bait isles, 'No, no, you don't need those today'

I will be bringing in all my tackle soon and making my list for the BPS spring sale at the end of the month. I use a hand cart to bring it all in and I have no where near what some of you that I have met have. LOL I've seen some garages that look like tackle shops. :wub:

Gene

Only cause we love you Teri! :)

Latest posts

Back