It Is With A Heavy Heart

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
That I post this. To all of the older NTOWS members, Ken Neeley suffered a heart attack followed by a stroke. He has been moved to hospice for his final days. Please pray for his wife and family. When the time comes, Carlos and I will be flying up to Michigan. I have to fly to Oregon for a Cabela's grand opening this weekend. I will try to keep you updated.

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with Ken and his family. Life is so short and fragile.

Ken passed away this afternoon at 2:30 pm. Mac reported that he went quickly and quietly. He will be greatly missed. Those that knew him will understand that while he left peacefully; I doubt his arrival was anything less than spectacular.

Never met him face to face but he was a riot on the old NTROWS site. Fair seas and following winds Ken.
fatrap

Very sad to know he is no longer with us and sharing his riotous humor with all. Prayers sent to his family and loved ones along with his family in the MVM.

I didn't know Ken, however I'd love to hear your favorite stories about Ken... anyone have any great stories about Ken?

Just heard this via email from Greg.

Very sad news, indeed. Ken was way too young to be leaving this earth.

Guys, if you would like to pass on a message a bit more meaningful than a sympathy card you can consider an email or private message here to Mac and I am sure he would pass it along

The service was very difficult. There was a long powerpoint of his life done by his sister. It was fantastic. Carlos spoke at the service. I was ok until the powerpoint got to a collection of the MVM years. Thanks to Mac's daughter for the kleenex. Fishing relationships are some of the strongest you can forge. Neeley was like a brother. Carlos, Mac, Mini, Meyer and the others I have shared a boat with are also my family. Teri is like the kid sister I never had. 11 straight years fishing the MVM formed a special bond with all of my Michigan brothers. It REALLY HURTS to lose Ken. If you think he was funny on the boards, then you would be floored by him in person. He will be missed. He will be remembered. And for anyone remotely close to Lake St Clair, there is an open tournament in Ken's memory with the funds going to help his wife with hospital and funeral costs. It is in October if I remember correctly. Mini can correct me. If there is one takeaway from this tragic event it is to cherish every moment you have on this side of the dirtpile and let the people you care for know it.

Reactions: cq
Tox,

That was an emotional report. You know how I feel about the friends I have made here. Neeley was an integral part of my fishing life. You all are. My youngest daughter still brags about her rod and reel from Mac. She shows it off all the time. I can only imagine what 10+ years of MVM memories must be. Thanks.

An amazing tribute to Ken. Thanks for sharing it.

Still sucks.

The Memorial tournament Tox mentioned is the annual fall monsterquest. It will be renamed to the Ken Neeley Memorial Monsterquest.

It is Oct 18th. If you are nearby come on and fish....

Latest posts

Back