It followed me home from the store.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I guess I'm just a goof. Here I am pending a potential large bill on repairing an outboard motor and I let a Brand New!! HK USP 40 follow me home. 13 round magazine. Locks up like a safe. As good as my stable of Sig Sauer's are HK is a step up even from them. Hope Dad approves of me spending my inheritance this way.

fatrap

Reactions: cq
That isn't your first .40, is it? I am looking at the S&W Shield in .40 for concealed carry...

Greg
It actually makes 3. Taurus PT101ss. The original 40 cal. Smith and Wesson 4006 and now the HK USP 40. Fired it today for the first time. Shoots great. First bullet out of the barrel hit the number in the center of the "Chest cavity" part of the target. Just lucky. Also shot Sig Sauer P227 in 45 ACP just as nice.
fatrap

My heart would like a .45 for carry..... But, my head wants as much "bang" as possible in a relatively small and lightweight package. The Shield seems to fill that slot.

Sig Sauer P238 for me because I will carry it. I'd love to put my Colt Combat Commander to task but just too awkward. I've never carried a big pistol. Many many years a Tomcat, and even a .22. In the Navy I had a Beretta .380 but it got copped in a locker inspection when I failed to check it back into the ships armory. Many of my shipmates had something under the dress blue jumper. Those days are loooooooong gone.
fatrap

My son is going with the Springfield 3" .45 XDS. Seems heavy even to this old cop. The shield is as Goldilocks said; "Just right". And, in .40 it is a little more bite than a 9mm.

Sold a lot of XDS's in my stint at Bass Pro. Mostly full size versions. Very good customer feedback and I never had to send one back to the manufacturer.

I just realized I had 2 GSSF coupons for Blue Label Priced Glocks. I was looking for a G17L, but since they didn't have anything in the Blue Label in stock other than the standard issue of Glocks (non-compensated, long slides, etc.), I went ahead and got another G19 and a G26. You can never have too many G19's. :)

Latest posts

Back