Intermittent Warning Beeps, 2002 Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS

Reaction score
I have a 200hp Mercury carbureted engine. It runs great, but when I'm on a plane and hit any waves >6" (particularly causing side to side motion), I get random warning beeps. I've tested continuity across the oil reservoir sensor, no issues. Disconnect the oil sensor entirely and still get the beeps. I don't see any voltage drops when the beeps happen, have a full tank of fuel and oil is full. Any thoughts on where the short would be?

I'd check the water intake to the pressure gauge. It may be a low water pressure signal. Does your water pressure drop when it beeps?
The hole on the lower unit forward may be partially obstructed. it can get gunked up.

The water pressure is holding steady. I'm back to thinking it's an air leak in the oil reservoir system somewhere, even though I though I'd disconnected the sensor. It looks like there was enough of an air gap in the reservoir that it could have caused an occasional alarm, so I bled out the oil this weekend, and it seems to be doing ok now. I'll look more carefully for cracks in the hose or caps!

Latest posts

Back