Interesting - Scratch/Dent Tracker Boats

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [URL]http://www.jacosmarine.com/fi
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Was surfing www.boattraderonline.com and saw this:

Jaco's Marine has entered an agreement with TRACKER, SUNTRACKER, TAHOE, FISHER, PROCRAFT, and NITRO to receive scratch and dent and previous year model boats at unbelievable savings.

Thought it was interesting, reminds me of what Pat Goff used to do with non-current boats (like Sim's 911).

Trep
http://www.jacosmarine.com/fishingboats/scratchanddent/index.cfm

I've seen these advertised on the Jaco website many times. What's the deal on these boats, how bad are they? Is it strictly cosmetic? Has anyone out there bought one?

PC

Good question PC, and are they sold as if day 1 with a full factory warranty? So if the blemish is in torn carpet (for example, will they fix it or is it listed as an exception from the warranty?

Pat G. any insight??

I do believe that these Scratch & Dent boats are sold as-is and there is no warranty included.

The scratch and dent boats at BPS in springfield MO are really great shape! I looked them over and thought about buying one. Heck one year of fishing in them will leave more scratch and dents than they have.

My PT 17 was a scratch and dent. I bought it from South East Marine in Corbin KY and got a killer price. They had to come up with a motor, trailer, some seats and new trolling motor. So basically all that was new except the motor which was a 94 model. The only thing wrong with the boat was some burns (two) in the carpet from cigars and one small seat tear, whcih has not got any biger in the 5 years I have had it. One problem I had though was getting the boat titled. At one time Tracker had the boat regesterd but lost the title. So after a few months the dealer got a duplicate from Tenn and transfered it to KY where I have the clear title now. Somewhat of a hassel but the dealer agreed to pay the fines if I got ticketed for no numbers. And they put it in writing.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back