I'm looking to be a new 482 owner tomorrow!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick DeLattre

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2006 482 with a 90 hp merc. Is this boat under powers for my 1 st question? Also on seeing the boat for the 1 st time today is , it's been bought new in 08' and is show room condition! Is 9k a fair buy? Thanks Rick

Greg, the 90 hp is not enough motor! It's very sluggish out of the whole! Gonna pass on that one!

I've got an 07 482 with a 115. It is barely enough to get out of the hole. Make sure you test drive it first. That hull design causes a strong list to right or left when not up on full plane.

I bought a 2006 Nitro 482 with a 115HP Mercury Optimax two weeks ago. It comes out of the hole with no problem and runs at 56MPH. LOVE IT!!!
Glad I am now a proud Nitro owner!!!

Wow GHPhotography, that's bloody good. I have a 2011 Z6 with 115HP Pro XS, pulling top revs at 5800 and I get 54mph in the GPS and thought I had it dialled perfectly.

Went last Friday to Lake Austin, and back tomorrow. Supposed to be great weather and cooler morning. Hoping for a Sharelunker!!!

No Sharelunker yet!!!...but..... We fished Friday before last on Lake Austin and the guy I fish with started off the day with a 9.05 lber (24 1/2 inches). Then about 2 hours later, I caught a 7.97 lber (23 1/2 inches) across the lake. WHAT A DAY OF FISHING...!!!! We caught about 20 LMB before 1PM and called it a day. Took photos of both big fish and will try to figure out how to post on here. (have them in Photobucket, will that work here?)
Anyway, the new Nitro Boat DOES catch FISH!!!!

Latest posts

Back