"I'm Back in the Saddle Again!"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Someone had to do it.....

We couldn't let it go to waste.....

I told you guys to get to it on Saturday.....

No one jumped in.....

That left it up to me.....

I did it for the good of the board.....

I bought Thumper's boat!

1994 Nitro 2000DC. Midnight black and silver. 200 hp Merc.

Can't believe I actually did it! Was gonna wait until Spring..... Kept tellin' myself to wait..... Sister Mary Perpetual-Patience always did say that I never listened.....

Is it Saturday yet?

me!

well,haleuja,you finally went and did it!!guess youre running with the big dogs now!!

need a hitch on any big trucks??

Scott,

Congrats on the boat purchase!! Stop by and take us all for a ride!!

Bob G.

Welcome back to the living. Make sure you have the new rig under control before you invite Kim for a Sunday fishing trip. Remember a canoe is a bit different than a 200 hp Nitro. Congratulations.

Bear

Scott,

Congrats, you know as well as I do that when it's "in your blood" you can't stay away. A good deal is a good deal no matter when it comes along, and they always seem to come along at the wrong time but hey, life is an adventure and sometimes you just gotta say "What the _ _ _ _" and go for it. Bring that sparkly thang on over here to VA!!

TOXIC

Jeff, I was thinking of using a long 'n tall Pete, 500 Detroit and 15 speed..... It's light blue and would complement the boat well!

Bob, keep that fish in the cage..... I'll be right there!

Barry, Kym is already scheduled for Sunday..... She's probably polishing her yellow and orange bobbers as we speak!

JOHN!! Where ya been? Man, this should be YOUR boat and I should be driving the 170! I had put a deeply dished (4") wheel on my old 180 so I could reach the wheel - I'm gonna need a booster chair for this boat! Rally 2003 - you got a ride! 'Till you whoop Trepper and I in the wrastlin' match that is!

Thanks for your advice, Mac! Gave me the peace of mind that I would be happy with the model.

TOX, the sparkly thang will be bringin' me - I'll just be holdin' on for dear life!

OK, Curtis..... I'll borrow one of Chris' pictures.....
Nitro.jpg

I had one EXACTLY like that 'cept for the color,....mine was midnight blue/silver,....with a Mariner 200. Ran GREAT, and I still see that boat on 'Clair occasionally,...Mini and I saw it out there last spring one day...he was draggin' a tube right through the middle of Mini's stuff!!!(from 14mile down to 9mile!!..LOL) J/K bigdog!!

Mac

Nice ride. Congratulations!

You just experienced one of the two most happy days of a fisherman's life - when he buys the boat.

"silver"

And you were right - it does tow beautifully behind my Jeep! My 180 had a single axle trailer without brakes - with the tandem and brakes, this boat may actually be EASIER to tow!

Well, Tex, this is my 3rd boat..... So I can say from experience that the other happiest day is when a fisherman gets a BIGGER boat!

Whew, I was afraid to open this post at first given the author and title! LOL sorry Scott, too easy! Now you just need to install some seat belts to hold your scrawny butt down while that 200 hp runs! Nice ride, congrats, now you have NO excuses! LOL

I'll send you Laura's tape from Penny Berryman, on learning how to fish. This way you will have a fighting chance against Kym. Congrats buddy, You deserve it!!! Robert

Hey Scott!

Don't I remember you saying "remind me to never by your boat, Thump" this same time last year? lol!!! Seriously, that's a NICE boat and I laid in bed last night wondering if I did the right thing. Man, I'm gonna miss it for sure. That sucker will get up and SCREAM on the water and I was getting addicted to that rush...

Well... I'm sure you'll get more use out of her than I ever did. I just don't have the time to spend out on the lake like I thought I would. I almost cried this morning when I walked out to my truck and the 'ole Nitro was gone from her spot.

Oh well... I'll have fun shopping for a new boat the next time around! That's one way to look at it!

Congrats and we'll stay in touch!

Chris

Robert, tape or no tape, I don't stand a chance!

Rob, you just never know what I might say!

Rich, there's room on this thing at next year's rally for you, me, John AND Michael! Well..... Maybe not Michael! :^)

T, funny that this came the day after you were saying that "bull riders are the smallest and TOUGHEST little strips of gristle"!

Scott, congrat's on the boat, may you have many enjoyable days behind the wheel, and plently of fish to haul in. I want to see a post/pic with your first 5#. Again enjoy...

Nice rig...now you need to learn to catch more than 3" Walleye!!!

After talking to you from the airport on Monday, I kept WONDERING what you were going to do. You didn't call, you didn't send me an e-mail, and I have to be the LAST to find out!

Can't WAIT for a RIDE! Come on down town that bad boy to my place next weeekend, and i'll help you learn how to driver her!

I'm WAY Jealous!!!

Congratulations Scott!! That's a might purty sparkly boat you got there.

After reading that post you wrote last week I just knew you two were meant for each other...LOL

Marke

Oops! Sorry, Mac! Guess the whole experience of making a "commitment" shock me up enough that I didn't even know what I had gotten! Kinda like a marriage, huh? :^)

Nice boat Scott!!!

(even if it is sparkley and glass)

I just wish my boat could even handle that many ponies!!!

enjoy,

az

Very nice ride...maybe I'll take up water skiing again...j/k. We'll fill those livewells...big time!

Congrats on the new toy! Still one of the best hulls I've ever owned. You're gonna love it. Be careful and enjoy!

Thanks, Dan! With knowledgable testimonials like your's and Mac's, I feel even better!

Latest posts

Back