Im A New Proud Owner Of A Used 2011 Z9 With 250 Pro Xs, Jack Plate, And 27 Fury Prop.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEVIN LEBLANC

Reaction score
My question is with the boat being used and prop being and addition since new, what props/pitches have you guys found to perform the best on this application. Mixed feeling on the internet and want real time z9 owners opinion

Can't answer your prop question, but congrats on the new boat! Post some pics.

Kevin:
I have a 2014 Z9 with the same motor. I went through the same questions that you have and I ended up speaking with Scott Reichow at Mercury to get things figured out. It will same you a lot of time.

I have a 2015 Z9 , same motor , it came with a 25P Tempest Plus....I bought a 26P Fury that smokes the Tempest ...winter and summer it blows the Tempest away...it stil turns 6k in the winter ....I would like to try a 27P fury for the wintertime just to see what she'll do ...I get 76.8 GPS out of the Fury I'm running...I talked to a prop guy about which prop to send end and get custom work done to ...he told me the Tempest ....said he could get it to run right up there with the Fury I'm running .....but that means a custom worked Tempest Plus will run as good as an out of the box Fury...think I'll send the Fury in and get it worked....

You guy s are doing great my z9 2008 model single console full tournament load with passenger is 57 at 58k rpm 250 pro sx 10" jack plate 3 batteries 1/2 tank gas running 2.5 below pad. When I bought it 2yrs ago ran 70 gps with just me probably 500+ hrs on it now. Just put new plugs in and running premium gas no ethanol 26 tempest 3 blade. Rooster tail about engine high. Would love to see seventy again. Maybe engine getting tired IDK?. Moved batteries to Port side as far as possible still leans to starboard until I trim up with two people. I'm 250 and my pardner is 200. should be balanced out. baits in both rear holes and front center but nothing heavy up front probably 50lb of fishing equipment total

You know I tried a 26P Tempest Plus before trying the Fury... It blew out on the hole shot and was 2mph slower than the 25P Tempest Plus my boat came with ...it was slipping bad ... I heard and read that that's a problem often seen with the 26P Tempest Plus...even the 25P Fury I tried was 5 mph faster...it just turned a little over 6k... So I went with the 26P fury...to my surprise it really didn't drop my RPM down like everyone said it would ... I still turn 5900 on a summer day .. That's why I would like to try a 27P Fury...I've read that the 250 Pro XS optimum RPM is 5800....

Can't answer your prop question, but congrats on the new boat! Post some pic
s.
Can't answer your prop question, but congrats on the new boat! Post some pics.
So what did scott tell you? Im curious. Ive since purchased a 26 tempest 3 blade (havnt tried it yet). A friend of mine told me the tempest has more lift. I find that i dont get enough lift. My original post had a mistake as i meant to say i had a 26p fury
Kevin:
I have a 2014 Z9 with the same motor. I went through the same questions that you have and I ended up speaking with Scott Reichow at Mercury to get things figured out. It will same you a lot of time.

You guy s are doing great my z9 2008 model single console full tournament load with passenger is 57 at 58k rpm 250 pro sx 10" jack plate 3 batteries 1/2 tank gas running 2.5 below pad. When I bought it 2yrs ago ran 70 gps with just me probably 500+ hrs on it now. Just put new plugs in and running premium gas no ethanol 26 tempest 3 blade. Rooster tail about engine high. Would love to see seventy again. Maybe engine getting tired IDK?. Moved batteries to Port side as far as possible still leans to starboard until I trim up with two people. I'm 250 and my pardner is 200. should be balanced out. baits in both rear holes and front center but nothing heavy up front probably 50lb of fishing equipment total
Is that a hydrolic jack plate. Sounds like you may have to cone up or down. Mine us sensitive. If i go up a lil, it increases slowly but once i get to high, it starts to catch too much air and looses speed. Another thing is, the prop inserts for exhaust slipage. Check to make sure they didnt all fall out. This causes excessive slip. Faster take off but slower top speeds

Latest posts

Back