Ice Storm Again!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Here it is the 4th of March in Louisiana. It's Mardi Gras and we are having an ice storm. It's been raining all night and into today and the temps are right at freezing. Ice is forming on everything. The roads are closed from here to Baton Rouge. Traffic is backed up everywhere. This is the 5th time we had this type of weather here in South Louisiana this winter. I'm glad I'm retired and sitting home watching the mess. Hope all has a better day. Be safe!!

we had ours Sun & Mon, its warming up to 42 today so its almost all gone. Really looking forward to the forecasts of mid 40's to mid 60's for the next 2 weeks, then after that mid 50's to low 70's in April. I'm coming down your way (Port Fourchon) end of March, so looking forward to some marsh fishing.

I don't even want to talk about it. 2 Saturdays ago I caught this......

Big Girl.jpg

And then the beginning of this week we got another 6 inches....Supposed to be close to 60 on Monday...We can only hope!!

I hope to get my boat ready next week as Tues it'll be 70, hope the wind ain't howling. Right now working on the pontoon boat rewiring it and putting a bunch of bluewater LED's for night fishing on it. Got to have it ready before April 16th. Trip to Louisiana the end of March for the whole week fishing the marshes and maybe going offshore on another boat

Course Tox - I'd LOVE to catch some that size just to warm me up :p

Worst winter in recent memory. Hopefully we will be out of it soon enough. I'm worried that there will be ice on St Clair in May!!

Latest posts

Back