I wish I was fishing...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dougiemac

I wish I was fishing today, however the honey do list won and I'm getting the finished basement ready for a guest of my wife's that is moving in for a few months. Marriage is the biggest adversary of fishing. :)

I'll be fishing week after this one coming up. Been spending all my time prepping the pontoon boat. Running new mercmonitor cable from the motor to the gauge because the one coming from the adapter on the controls started showing signs of failure so taking the weak link out. Also put a BUNCH of white led lights around the bow area and got more coming from Bluewater LED to put on the bow. Last year buddy fished with me at night and he caught a 35lb cat with just the dockings lights I had on (minnows, then all kinds of fish showed up)

Rickyandhisover30lbcatfishfromJoeWheeler.jpg~original

So that prodded me to install more lights shining down into the water, here's a sample but I'm not done yet.

voyagerfishinglightsport.jpg~original

Gonna make the white lights go to about the doors on each side. From the front view (wiring almost cleaned up)

voyagerfishinglightsbow.jpg~original

and some night cruising lights (where permitted/or ignored), underrail leds

voyagerunderrailbluelights.jpg~original

Oh and I've got the interior just loaded with courtesy led lamps, even got remote controlled boarding lights (in white), or I can activate the reds by flipping the switch the opposite way (lamps have both white and red leds - NOT cheap).

The docking lights were cheap either, each one is 1 watt, 4 in front stacked, and 2 on the sides (light shows forward and slightly outward).

voyagerdockinglightsall6.jpg~original

interior courtesy lights are blue. Even got both red and blue cupholders with leds in them.

cupholderledandradioon.jpg~original

Yep, I live in the life of luxury with dual electric anchors and an electric remote controlled bimini top. Putting in another fishing chair since another friend is coming to go night fishing, and I seriously doubt my buddy is gonna give up one of the 2 reclining high back fishing chairs to let his brother in law fish up front. So putting in 2 pedestal floor mounts, so BIL can move his fishing chair to port or starboard.

JoeWheelerLodgepontoonparked.jpg~original

was a little worried though when I blew out my knee again Thurs but Friday took 2 pain pills and was finally about to get some sleep, got just a tad little work done, but knee was better today, so was able to get a lot more done. Tomorrow will be the true test of the knee, its time to crawl under the toon to mount/and route some stuff. Wed is shot, for VA doc day. We leave Sunday week.

That's some awesome photos @AirForce ! Bye, hope your knee is feeling better. I've dealt with a patella subluxion for the last 15 years and the wife recently tore her ACL and had surgery early this year after a skiing incident. Knees are no fun. :(

Latest posts

Back