I Got My New Boat and What a Ride...

• Thread starter C C [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/894/Range
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C C

Reaction score
I know it's not a Nitro or Tracker but it's all mine.

Friday night when I pulled into my driveway at my house in NH, sitting there was my 2004 Ranger 180 Reata with a 150 Optimax, also every option offered and a couple of extra goodies I had added on that were not offered options but the factory and dealer made it happen. The dealer delivered the boat, 1.5 hours drive for him.

So, on to the good stuff, first day out I ran it an hour and the faster I went the smoother it rides and I only took it up to 4K rpms. I was so excited, little kid in a candy store, that I never bothered to look at the speedo. I will take my GPS out with me this weekend and get some numbers. I have heard that other guys are getting 63mph out of the same setup. I am no need-for-speed nut and doubt I will ever use it but it's always great to have the horses for resale.

Now to put some fish on the deck and I will be all set!

Cass :)

Ranger 180 Reata 2004.jpg

One slick, sleek looking ride Cass! And WOW 1/5 hour delivery by the dealer! Did he just leave it in the driveway and hope no one stole it??? LOL

S-W-E-E-T !! I am sooo jealous. If there's a rally on the East coast, I'm riding with you.

Thanks Shark, Trep & Teri...

As for just leaving the boat. Naw, he was sitting there with it and then he spent another hour going over the boat with me and answering all of my questions. He left my place at 6:00PM to head home. It wasn't the saleman but one of the shop guys and he was able to answer all of my questions, which pleased me.

One of the features I like best about this boat is that it has the largest deck on a 18' F&S on the market. The front deck with the deck extension in is an inch bigger then the Ranger 185 bass boat. More room for me to move around and less chances of me tripping over something.

Yes, Teri we can go very fast ..Wwweeeeeeeee!!

good looking rig for a Ranger.

a buddy of mine has 20' fish/ski ranger with the 150xr on it. he absolutly loves it.

good luck withthe new ride.

GregD

You're making me want one...but only if it comes in yellow.

Oh No, Teri's about to get on a buying BINGE again!!!! LOL

Sweeeeet..welcome to the Ranger side.

How many is that now on this site alone??? LOL

Enjoy the boat Cass, it will last you for years.. Sharp looking rig.

Buzz

Rob - Even if it's 5 (I know JR, Mac, You, Cass and I think one more) out of 1755 ,that's .003%!!!! LOL

Thats a very dramatic V in the front!! Looks cool!!

AWESOME looking boat.. I am sure no-one here will hold it against you that its not a Nitro

Actually, "KING TIN" it's a few more than that, but when I go to the Ranger page, I don't see anyone trading in for a Nitro......., NOT bashing, so don't anyone get their panties in a bind. Just observing some VERY interesting facts from a marketing background point of view. Perhaps Tracker IS watching and seeing their market share slip away.

There are at least a dozen people on this site that have changed brands and a few more that are trying that shall remain un-named at this point! LOL

Thanks all, I will tell you that my buying a Ranger had nothing to do with the lack of Customer Service from a Tracker/Nitro dealer. I had a deal on the table for a Nitro with USA Marine who in my book is top notch in service and then I came across the Ranger which for only $250 more w/a Optimax the Nitro 188 had a 150 XR6 and I like the layout better on the Ranger, I went with the Ranger.

No bashing at all just happen to get a deal on a rig that I liked the lay out on and a better price.

My next book will not be a Nitro. Ranger did not have an 18 foot F&S when I bought mine.

Congrats CC. Looks nice. Did you buy it from Owens? I hear from a friend who got his ranger from them they are pretty good too.

Teri, have you had problems with your boat? if so what kind of problems? or does your dealer stink? I myself would buy another nitro, not because they are perfect( no boat is) but because Marine USA who is the dealer in my area in without a doubt the best. I have has a few issues with my boat and they have always taken care of the problems quickly and without hassle on my part. My last boat was not a nitro and from a different dealer and when i had problems i was on my own to deal with it. In my opinion the dealer is every bit as important as the brand of boat.

I will most likely get a Tundra. Rt 8. Marine is another top notch dealer. But that won't be for another couple years.

Rich D

Thanks Jim and yes I got it at Owens and all will say is that my experience with them is nothing like my experience with BoB B at Marine USA, who I agree is #1, however, Ranger has done everything to make me happy and I couldn't ask for more.

Cass, beautiful looking rig. Congrats! Hope you catch lots of fish and pull lots of skiers.

Rob, this place was built to provide a haven from Ranger (and Triton and Champion and Basscat etc.) owners who had nothing constructive to say to Nitro and Tracker owners.

Try to remember who's house you are in. ;)

Nice boat...

Teri, I didn't know tracker/nitro had books!

Thanks guys, I doubt I will ever pull a skier, no one I know skies. I only got the ski pole to have for re-sale. I tend to change my mind year to year on what I like. I already have a guy that wants to buy this boat from me, this is my 3rd new boat in 4 years. It's a woman thing and we are allowed to change our minds as often as we want as long as we can afford it. LOL

The reason I got the F&S setup was so that I can have more then 3 people ride in the boat together. We do tube a bit but thats it, it will do mostly fishing and sun bathing.

TGIF!!!!

Back