I did something today i didnt think i would do....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I bought a new truck today. A while ago i decided i was ready to replace my Dakota. I really like the Dakota and im still sad to see it go away but its getting up there in miles and i wanted to trade it before it had no value. I drove every 1/2 ton full size out there and I ended up buying a loaded 1500 Silverado 4wd. Honestly i never thought i would buy another GM any time soon after my last one and the way it was delt with. But when it came down to money, features and the way the druck drove and rode the Silverado won me over. As a Bose employee i get a very deep discount on both GM and Nissan, in the end even the Nissan couldnt touch the price. It wasnt even close, I also thought the Chevy rode better, and was more comfy inside and overall i liked it better. So i drive my new Silverado home on tuesday. If its as good a vehicle as my 97 blazer was ill be a very happy guy. Ill post some pictures when i get a chance to take a few.

Here is what i got

1500 Silverado extended cab 4wd

Z71 package

5.3l motor

Tow package

LT3 package

Heated leather seats

Bose audio system

Dual zone climate control

power everything

xm radio

onstar system

and im sure there is more im missing

Congrats Jim!

Here's a site to start with, good bunch of guys over there when I was a GM owner.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/

It sure is nice to get a new toy....truck, boat, motorcycle....enjoy it! Kenny

Congrats Jim! I am surprised that the Chevy rode better than the Nissan. I am assuming that you compared the Titan with your Chevy? I have never driven a Titan, but I sure was impressed with their interiors. If it would have fit in my garage, I probably would have bought one or at least driven one to compare. Had to settle for the Tahoe. 62000 miles plus and has been a good truck. Same 5.3 motor that is in yours I expect. We have a GMC Sierra Z71 as a company truck that my partner drives and it has been bullet proof as well. Chevrolet trucks are nice, but as most reviews agree, they could improve on their interiors. Maybe the new 2007 Tahoe interior is a sign for what's to come for the full truck line.

Bryan

Latest posts

Back