I can now "PROVE" Walleye guys are tougher than Bass Fishermen

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.chattanoogan.com/articl
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
I can now "PROVE" Walleye Fishermen are tougher than Bass Fishermen (of course you may begin to doubt that they are smarter :eek:)

Check out this link...

(If the link does not work copy and paste this to your browser http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_121643.asp)

The fish pictures alone are unreal...
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_121643.asp

Hmmmmm.....toughter or smarter?:lol::lol: I have been iced in at the marina but instead of trashing my pretty glass rig, I had the marina take one of their cheap tin rigs and break me a path to the main lake. The Maryland tidal bass record that was broken last week (11 pounds and change) on the Potomac, the fishermen had to break ice and let the current carry it off so he could fish a spot.

Nice try though Greggy...:lol::lol: Do you still keep yur worms in your mouth to keep them from freezing?!?!?:D:D

TOXIC

I've fished a tournament for several years in the past that my club named "The Frostbite Classic". We try to pick one of the coldest days of the year, and head out to fish a tournament. Most of the time, it's not that bad - might be very cold, but not too bad. The worst weather was one early January - mid 90's timeframe, that we fished Kerr Reservoir. My buddy almost launched his whole rig into the ice covered water due to an icy ramp. His boat trailer stopped at the water line as it cracked both his taillights and bent his licence plate backwards on the ice edge going in. He cleared the way for the rest of us, and we went fishing. I was wearing a snowmobile suit and a helmet to run, and didn't really want to take the helmet off when I stopped either. I couldn't get more than a cast or two without having to stop to break ice out of my guides all day. Then it started snowing - well. By the end of the day, the whole front and rear decks of my boat, and the sole of the boat, were covered in snow. I thought my fingers were going to break off at any minute.

The really weird part of this whole story? Just for fun, goofing off first thing in the morning, I threw a Smithwick Rogue around some stumps in 5 feet of water in the middle of a creek - and caught fish there all day. :huh: I never would have thought that possible with the air and water temps - but they were there all day long.

All the best,

Glenn

Walleye fisherman are definitely tougher than bass guys. :p LOL Bass guys look forward to the warm weather, shorts, and sun to get the hogs. Walleye guys look forward to snow, ice, and bringing a shovel and rocksalt to the launch to get some hogs. :cool: My last trip of the fall/winter run, slammin and jammin 8-10#'ers+. We don't even wear boots in the snow either. LOL :)

hardcore.jpg

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Us bass guys only fish with one rod at a time unlike you eye guys who have 25 rods set up just hoping that something will bite. Like they say, "Even a blind squirrel can sometimes find a nut". Even an "eye guy" can catch one with all them poles in the water. LOL

<Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Us bass guys only fish with one rod at a time unlike you eye guys who have 25 rods set up just hoping that something will bite. Like they say, "Even a blind squirrel can sometimes find a nut". Even an "eye guy" can catch one with all them poles in the water. LOL>

Yeah, yeah, not me though. Two rods, two guys in the fall for eyes. Any more than that is too much to deal with. :) Gotta love it in the summer though when I have to choose which rod with a 5# smallie hooked up I'm going to bring in first. ;)

Nothing like seeing a pair of 5#'ers jumping out of the water from 20' down with a 4' harness and 4 oz bottom bouncer attached to them. LOL

There is not a way in the world that anyone would find me, or make me get out on the water with the way those pictures looked. Just plain nuts. Is there a season or something for Walleye's and the only way to get them is to fish in that unGodly weather? Or, is that just the one time each year the Sanitarium lets all of them out at the same time?:huh:

Uncle Billy

Both Uncle Billy. LOL

Unfortunately, the big wall-hangers follow the shad in when the water temps near 40 degrees to gorge themselves for the winter. They get concentrated and are easy pickin's. About 4 layers of clothes, a dozen heat packs and it's a blast! Trust me. :wacko:

Been a many atime I've cracked thru plenty of ice up here at Indian Lake for those tasty Saugeye but, feel like I cant move with all the gear on:wacko:

They do good thru the ice but, nope...not for me.

We crack the ice at the launch almost every year....:) But the bass season isnt open then, but the crappie like to bite!

There have been several years I have broken ice to get in the lake and even broke ice out of the hole I wanted to fish. We spent four hours one morning with chest waders and an axe chopping ice out of the boat ramp, because the lake was open and I knew the crappies hadn't had any pressure for three months. The two of us caught over three hundred crappies! We kept 88 with the biggest weighing in at 3 lbs 2 oz! The funny thing is that several people drove by and saw us chopping ice, went home, came back with their boats, waders, and axes and helped!! And to think that is just for Crappies!! As has been said here before "I am bifishual" and I love them basses!

Tim

I believe Bill Murray said it best... "we are mutants"....