I am a Nitro owner again!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Never thought I would say that but I bought a 2004 Nitro 750 NX this weekend with a 115. The guy brought it down from Kentucky on Saturday. I swear you could put it on the showroom floor and sell it as new. I couldn't find anything on the exterior. We took it out on the lake and it moves for a 115. I think it will top out about 60mph under the right conditions. The hotfoot and trim on the steering wheel will take a bit to get used to but I like it. The stereo system and ladder he installed are awesome and the cover is really nice too. The best part.......it fits in my garage!!! Bye bye to $160 per month boat slip payment. Yippie!!!

Now.....if only I knew how to install the Minnkota Maxum 74lb trolling motor I bought this weekend and the charger and fish finder that I have for it. :p

nitro750nx.jpg

Looking Good! I haven't had any issues with my 05 so far, once you get used to it you will like it. That breakaway tongue is nice, it is the only way mine would go into my garage.......

Nice boat. That's just about the size that I have been thinking about, not too big, not too small.

Steve

that thing is awsome. may i ask, what is the approx. price for a boat like that? thanks

looks great - like new!

Your minn kota should mount in the same holes as the motorguide (they make it easy for you to switch)

Chargers are usually a PIA to mount, the actual mounting is easy, just accessing where you want to put it is hard.

If I lived closer I would take you up on the Opry tickets.

Now get out on Priest and show us some fish!

Teri - Congrat!!! I think you had that same 115 2+2 motor on your 185 sport, so you are used to the "kick" in of the extra 2 cylinders/carbs over 1800rpms. its darn close to mine in spec's your 750 is a 6 inches longer and a few inches wider, but with that 115 (does it have a jackplate?) you should be easily in the low 50's GPS speed, and some tweaking of props and a jackplate you could see the high 50's (just figuring based on my speeds and your boat being a little heavier/longer).

I had mine out Yesterday with the boys for a few hours riding around the lake and anchoring/swimming. Post or send me a pic of the ladder, I'd realy like next year to install a permenant one.

Trep - ENjoy!!

BassTrackerMA,

Not sure if you mean new or used. I think the 07's new with a 115hp would be close to 18K if you went with standard equipement. Used value on mine was about 10,500 but I paid a bit more for condition, additional equipment, and a 2yr warranty on motor. I've seen some nice ones around for about 10K but most had 90hp on them. I wanted at least a 115.

I used to have that same boat in a dual console. I loved those colors. I thought about adding a few well placed stickers and making it a UofK edition Nitro.

You'll like that hot foot the more you use it, especially in rough water.

Clark

Trep, do you have a ski pylon for your kids to tube? I am ordering one from Tracker Service Center today. I saw one similar at Barts but it has a warning that says "Not recommended for towing inflatables". I am pretty sure the pylon is the exact same one I had for Nitro my fish and ski. I towed kids and adults on tubes with no problems.

The gentleman I bought the boat from explained the 2+2 cylinder motor. I remember that from my Nitro fish and ski. Seems like about 25mph the other 2 kick in. I just hope this one starts better than my other one did. I had a very hard time with cold starts and sometimes even after I'd be running. This one seems to fire right up. Hope that continues!

I think he sent me a picture of the ladder when I was buying it. I will find it and post it. It is very sturdy and slides right off and stows in one of the rod lockers.

Congrats Teri! Glad to see you ended up with such a pretty boat!!

J.

Here is the ladder he installed:

ladder.jpg

Here is where he mounted the stereo and speakers:

radio.jpg

front%20deck.jpg

I think the hot foot was the only other thing he added. I will be adding an onboard charger, keel guard, front fish finder, and onboard charger. Can't wait!

NICE ride Teri!! You did good!! :wub: Now get your hiney up here so we can see that hook set again!! ;):rolleyes:

Nice ride... And, great that it is "domesticated" enough to be garage kept...

Teri - For towing the kids, we did what Bob suggested, the problem I had with the Nitro vs. the Tracker, is on my Nitro the tiedown U bolts are WAY close to the engine and i'm afraid it might get caught in the prop (yes it has the float). I put my speakers where yours are, I may have to work on the stereo, kids and I had it out yesterday and with all the waves from the cruises mine's come loose a bit, when were back I need to look at either moving it out of the glove box, or fabricating (OK i'd have Dan do it for me!!! LOL he's more mechanicaly inclined them me!!! LOL) a new mounting unit.

I've seem those ladders, if I remember they were not cheap but were designed for bass boats. I think (Teri tell me) it comes "off" and the mount says when you are running??

I also made a removable center cushin so when its just dan and I or someone else fishing, there is a carpeted step and the cushin is stored, when I have the kids, the cushin goes back in for them.

Trep

The ladder just slides up and comes out. You would need to remove when running but the small mount/track is permanently mounted.

Not sure what makes it "me" but I'll take it. I can't lie...my Triton was so problem free that I would have liked to replace it with a Triton; however, a Triton wouldn't fit in the garage. Maybe Nitro can regain my trust....time will tell. :cool:

Beautiful boat Teri and I mean that. The color scheme is great and so are the lines. AND,

Welcome Home..:p

Now, about that ladder. If you want it operational, you would have to mount it each time you stopped and remove it everytime you moved? Just Asking? It really does look good.

Uncle Billy

Hey, another Nitro! Congrats, Teri! Hope you catch many fish and go many happy miles in it.

I came back to the Tracker (Fisher) fold for the same reason...fits in the garage. So far, my boat has been flawless and I am loving every minute of using it.

We used a Y-harness last weekend to pull kids on a two person tube, and it worked great. West Marine has a harness that is made of floating rope. I'd rather suck that into my prop than the steel cable, if it had to happen.

Rich, I have a West Marine right down the street. I will stop in and see if they have one. I never go there because they are way more expensive than BPS or Walmart.

Uncle Bill, you do have to take the ladder off everytime you stop and go but it slides out pretty easy. Will only be an issue when tubing/skiing. Better than no ladder at all.

Teri, I agree, they usually are more expensive. The harness is about $22, and I know Walmart, in years gone by, had something similar for about $12, but I have not been able to find it at Walmart.

That ladder is excellent.

Nice boat, looks like a real good deal and I like the stereo installation. I am going to put one in mine soon. And I am going to check out the ladder and the tow rope. I am getting requests to pull a tube!

My Brother in law wanted to tube behind my 929 and I told him that with my hull and motor, there is no "putting" around the lake. I hafta be at about 40mph minimum. He agreed. Then he got confident and I had to show him what tubing at around 55mph was like. No more requests to go tubing!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Not sure where he got the ladder but this looks like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Windline-3-Step-Ladder-38-L/dp/B0000BYM8P/ref=sr_1_15/105-4161563-0333236?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1182892175&sr=1-15

Toxic, I bet that showed him!! My kids and wife all think that now we have a boat we can pull a tube like the brother-in-law does with his ski boat. My 750 likes to run around 30 on a plane. Not quite as fast but it will get their attention.

Teri, I found the ladder on West Marines site, it ain't cheap!!

Again nice boat, and from a fellow 750 owner it is love for me. I don't want to be accused of hyjacking a post, but here is mine on Lake Ouachita two weeks ago. I wanna go back!!

Nitro - Lake Ouachita  - Sm.JPG

Pretty boat Ed, but I think your line is too heavy and you're fishing way too shallow--:rolleyes:.

:D

Marty, he's on the beach, and he just hooked a bass...boat.

I like your boat Ed. I can't wait to get mine out again. I was only on the lake for about 10 minutes when I tested it. Hopefully will get it out this weekend.

Thanks for the gentle abuse, I accept it!! The sad part is the best fish I caught all week was standing on the back of the boat where it is parked!!

Teri, I am itching to get mine out soon, we have just had constant rain for over a week in the Houston area and it stinks, maybe in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back