HyBrid catch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Clevenger

Reaction score
Finally caught a few fish down here in Arkansas. Been really hit and miss in deep water lately. Went to Lake Dardanelle on the Arkansas River northwest of Little Rock. Fished at the reactor discharge channel in 10 feet of water. Water surface temp at the Arkansas River Channel was 36 and was 54 at discharge. Caught 24 hybrid stripers about up to 2 pounds. Couldn't find the big ones. But how those hybrids fight!

Fishing should start improving in Arkansas by the middle of February....can't wait to go after the bass at Ouachita, DeGray, and Millwood!

Catching anything but a cold is got to be great this time of the year! Good catch!

Don

Jim, where in Arkansas are you from? I used to live in Concord and fished the heck out of Greers Ferry for smallies. Dad and uncle still live there and I try to get back as often as I can. Love to feel them brown fish tug on the old string!!

Tim,

I live in Benton, Arkansas. That's about 1.5 hours southwest of Greers Ferry. I love those smallies too. Used to live in Springfield, MO. and walk the clear creeks just north of Branson. It was great ot cast a live crawfish to a bass that you could see in the crystal clear water. Nothing (except maybe a Hybrid) fights like a smallie.

Latest posts

Back