Humminbird 1197 2D sonor doesn't look good?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tant dowell

Reaction score
hey guys, ive got an 1197 about 3 years old. side imaging looks good and have had no problems lately. went out the other day and when graphing with the regular down sonar (not down imaging) and noticed it was highly pixelated. there was no detail just big piles of pixels. My 5" 788 up front looks good with good arches and baitfish but the 1197 sucks. no damage on transducer. connections look good. reset to default settings. not sure. i watch the Lowrance as people jig fish and watch the "spaghetti" on the screen and watch fish rise to the jig. I CAN NOT get that on the 1197 for some reason. any help is appreciated??????

hey guys, ive got an 1197 about 3 years old. side imaging looks good and have had no problems lately. went out the other day and when graphing with the regular down sonar (not down imaging) and noticed it was highly pixelated. there was no detail just big piles of pixels. My 5" 788 up front looks good with good arches and baitfish but the 1197 sucks. no damage on transducer. connections look good. reset to default settings. not sure. i watch the Lowrance as people jig fish and watch the "spaghetti" on the screen and watch fish rise to the jig. I CAN NOT get that on the 1197 for some reason. any help is appreciated??????

Have you had the 1197 for 3 years or did you purchase a used 1197?

Post a screen shot of the pixelation using the Snaphot feature and include your settings.

In addition to what Wayne posted:
What software version are you running in your 1197 unit?
Can you try running the 1197 on your 788’s transducer to see if the 2D sonar looks any better or not? This will help troubleshoot the problem.

Latest posts

Back