Hull paint

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Cilla2

Reaction score
What a disaster, screw hole through the hull... Time to repair it now.

I used some everfix epoxy and packed the screw hole and surrounding area that had a few spider cracks from the screw coming through. I let it cure over night and ive sanded it with a fine grit so its level and clean with the rest of the hull, problem now is the epoxy dried to a dark grey color and my hull is white. What can I use to get this little 1" circular grey spot white like the rest of my hull?

Thanks

If you can I would buy some gelcoat with white dye or white gelcoat right from the can. Then I would grind down a new hole where the epoxy is and fill back in with new white gelcoat. Sand and polish and should match your hull colour. You just have to make sure gel you buy will bond with epoxy. I've never used hull paint. Might also work.

Don, I had a small scrape in my gel coat 2"L x 1/2" W, right on the nose of the bow (long story). After pricing prof. repair costs, I decided I'd try my own fix. I went through my wife's nail polish colors and found one very close. I applied several coats (allowing each coat to dry first). Then I used her nail polish clear hardener as a final coat. That was 2 years ago. It looks fantastic! I ask people to find the spot I fixed and nobody has yet.

It might be worth a try.

I may have to try the nail polish, thanks guys. Either that or I plan on sanding down the epoxy and using the gelcoat repair kit to fill in the rest to the top layer with the white paint mixed in

Latest posts

Back