Hull cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary martell

Reaction score
It's getting close the that time of year up north, so does anyone have any advice on what is the best way to clean the water stain off of the hull. A search on here didn't turn up much.

I have heard water and vinegar is good. Can you use your pressure washer on the hull?

The boat only has one summer of water stain on it so I'm hoping to get it cleaned up real good.

I was going to use a nylon scrubbing pad on it but I am afraid to put scratches in the clear coat.

Any advice?

Gary

No scrubbing pad!! Starbrite makes a hull cleaner but you need to cover your trailer. Some have used toilet bowl cleaner. I used Simple green if it was tough, then re-waxed. To avoid in the future, use Bass Boat Saver and the scumline will wipe right off. Most any product will require a re-wax after application.

I purchased FSR (Fiberglass Stain Remover) from Academy and was seriously impressed with how well it removed stains that must have been years old.

Two questions? Do you have a boat slip? Do you leave your boat in the slip for a month, or two at a time?

If you do it can be a bear to clean. I left mine {not this boat} in for a month once and it took a pressure washer at the car wash to get the crud off the hull.

I learned from that to NEVER leave it in the slip for more than 5 days at a time. Then I remove it and clean it up. In my case I take it out for the week end when all the pleasure boaters are out. If you do this you can wipe it down with a bucket of water and then follow it with wax now and then. works for me!

I just had the feelling you might leave it in a boat slip. Other wise cleaning should be easy! just wipe it down every tiime you get it backon the trailer.

Yup, your feeling is correct, it stays in a slip from May to Oct 1.

I bought a product called Aqua -Tek Mega Clean from my local boat seller so I see how it goes.

Lots of elbow grease involved I supposed.

thanks

Wow!I don't envy the clean up job. When I left my boat in it was an aluminum Tracker with only a 40 horse motor after a month or so, what I found was I could barely get it up on plane. All the crud really effects performance.

Good luck with your clean up job!

ummm maybe I will take before and after pics.

I'm bringing my 3300psi pressure washer up to the lake so that should help.

Nice weekend project I've got

Latest posts

Back