how to remove transducer from hull

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm in need of the easiest and save way to remove a transducer that I believed is glue with epoxy on the hull of my nitro. I need to make sure that I don't damage the transducer and of course the hull...

I have being reading online that some people remove epoxy with acetone, but I really want to here from you guys before I start with the acetone...
I attach a picture of the issue that I have... :(

Attachments

• 2014-02-05 22.02.15.jpg
    2014-02-05 22.02.15.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 930
WHACK IT!
Okay, maybe just tap it out with a rubber mallet (not metal hammer) or possibly place a piece of wood against it and hit that with a metal hammer. You need to direct the force horizontally against the transducer not downwards towards the hull, which will be hard to do by what I can see in your picture. That looks like a Humminbird DualBeam transducer. Try hitting it on the ‘knuckle’ part that is sticking upwards.
I would not use any chemicals to remove the transducer. You don’t know what toxic fumes you may produce nor what the chemical reaction may do to the transducer housing or your boat’s hull.
Why are you removing this transducer?

WHACK IT!
Okay, maybe just tap it out with a rubber mallet (not metal hammer) or possibly place a piece of wood against it and hit that with a metal hammer. You need to direct the force horizontally against the transducer not downwards towards the hull, which will be hard to do by what I can see in your picture. That looks like a Humminbird DualBeam transducer. Try hitting it on the ‘knuckle’ part that is sticking upwards.
I would not use any chemicals to remove the transducer. You don’t know what toxic fumes you may produce nor what the chemical reaction may do to the transducer housing or your boat’s hull.
Why are you removing this transducer?

Cause I'm selling my old 535 Hummingbird and I already purchase two lowrance units so I'm in no need of that transducer... I need to not destroy the transducer so I can sell it with the head unit...

I would try hitting the knuckle of it first to see if you can break it loose that way. if not, a piece of wood against the side of the transducer and a good whack should pop it out. You may want to test the transducer after removal by holding it over the side of the boat in deep water and see if it works right or not.
Not all transducers come out without a fight.

Is off and out... i used first my girlfriend hair blower to put some heat on and make the glue a little softer and then I disconnect one of of the hose to make some space and I used the back of the hammer and that way I was able to lose that sucker off... Now the transducer look awful, is scratch on the bottom and sides.
I would try it and see if work, if does, it would be a miracle...

It woks, I try yesterday the transducer and it work like a champ... I have to said that Hummingbird build amazing products that transducer took a beat and still working like nothing.

Latest posts

Back