How many rods and reels what brand

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
We been talking about toys . So how many rod and reel you guys have, What brands and favorites

I have 15 rick clunn combos 10 are 6 ft 6 in heavy action, 3 are 7 feet heavy action, 2 are 6 ft 6 top water and now I have 6 spare reels

three jhonny morris spinning with 6 ft 6 quantum pt rods and 1 extreme combo

Im still kina bummed they discontinued the blues maybe purple will be okay

I own ~25 rods and reels, all of my rods are St Croix in various actions and sizes and all of my reels except one are Shimano( curado's and stradics mainly), the other is a diawa TD Sol.

I'm not sponsored by either company i just have used their stuff for years and both have been very dependable.

I have about 25 freshwater setups from ultralight to striper weights, and around 20 saltwater setups from bait (ultralight) to Cobia weight. Freshwater reels are Lews, Shimano, BPS, rods All Star, Daiwa and more, and Saltwater primarily Penn, BPS and several custom pier rods along with BPS and other saltwater rods. I live half a mile to a lake, but saltwater is my real passion. Here is some of my saltwater Penn and Mitchell hardware. And BTW the ones that don't have bails are that way on purpose.

2ewl8uh.jpg

Down to about 60 from over a 100. Decided to sell a bunch off. Still have the Pflueger baitcaster my dad gave me for 8th grade graduation in 1960. Works like the day I got it. I have mostly Plueger Presidents or Extremes on various rod manufacturers. Favorite rods are Kistler, when I can afford them. Everything from closed faced Johnsons, to Iron Baitcasters, to Quantum spinning to my Curado's.

About 200+ Plano 3600 and 3700 boxes filled with anything and everything. 100 pounds of plastic.

Best part is the wife doesn't care how many I have and will let me continue to buy what I want. I am one of the lucky ones.

I've got about 20+ rod & reel combos. All of my spinning reels are Daiwa Capricorns from 1500 up to the 3000 size. Baitcasters are all left hand retrieve & also all Daiwa Capricorn 100H's, TDA 150 & 153 HST's, Tierras & Capricorn XTC's.

Most rods are BPS Bionic Blades (still the best rod for the $$$ IMHO)& BPS Xtremes, 1 6'6" Tourney Special for Cranbaits another 7'6" retractable for froggin, also 2 All Stars, 2 St Croix, 1 Team Daiwa, 1 Shimano Compre, 1 Browning

I have 8 baitcast, and four spinning. All are Shimano. I have 6 other for the grandkids. All have castaway rods.

Bubby:)

I carry about twenty in the boat with back ups at home. Some new in boxes. The most I can use at once is two I have an illness I think.:wacko:

fatrap

Oh way too many to admit...

40+ trolling setups... Linecounters, etc... Majority are Okuma Magdas and Daiwa SeaLines... About 6 or so Bass Pro reels that I got (some) from Mini... They are bigger reels and I use them for leadcore

A dozen or so Baitcasters... Half are older Abu's and the rest are BassPro (Extremes and something else from suggestions here)

About 30 Spinning setups, most are Shimano...

Then, around a dozen or so Johnson Spincast setups (I collect Johnson reels so I have over 200 of those...)the majority are slip bobber rods for panfish most are Late Century models... but a few others

The 15 or so Ice rods... almost all are Gander Mountain Guide Series reels and rods (I bought them all on a closeot deal and sold most of my others... kept two small Daiwas and an Okuma...

Most of my trolling rods are Cabelas Depthmasters and about 6 are the yellow Eagle Claw 8 1/2' fiberglass to use with downriggers But there are six Shakespeare Lightening rods and 4 Ugly Sticks... The Lightening rods are for vertical presenmtations of three ways and the Ugly Sticks are for trolling threeways

Way too many (and I am sure I HAVE LOTS MORE... there is a drawer full of backup/spare reels and six spares in a canvass bag in the boat)

24 Various G-Loomis rods

24 Shimano Calais 200 Baitcasters

and thats just in the boat

I have more than I could ever list,I found 10 yesterday I had put In the basement and they were covered..I must have put them there years ago some Loomis st croix some great ones some older one shakesphere wonder rod..reels all kinds lews bbin from 1980 thats the one i got my 10-8 bass on.I have a couple old Phonix rods I had made In fla...amazing what you can find If you look..An approx guess Is 150 total..I have more rods than reels....Tackle Is amazing the ammount you can gather over the years...:)

i have to much of everything. rods-reels-tackle... i guess i never remember you only use one rod and reel and a time..

For the weekend recreational fishing I do, out of a 16' electric-only tin rig, I own 4 rods (all spinning rigs), 1 small tackle bag, and 4 plastics binders. :)

oh no, i must be in real trouble.... Yes I have TOO much stuff-50 rods/reels, hundreds of pounds of palstics, all the little gimmicks............ and TWO boats...

I need to be in therapy !

I have 17 combos (14 baitcast / 3 spinning) that I carry on a regular basis - although I normally only have about 8 to 12 of them in the boat at one time - depending on what time of year it is and what I'm primarily doing. Last year, I tried to keep it to a maximum of 8 at all times, as well as paring down the amount of tackle I carried. Much easier to unload the boat at night when staying at hotel rooms. Ever since theives starting breaking into boats on a regular basis around here, I offload everything nightly when at a hotel room.

Spinning reels are all Pflueger Supremes - MG's and XT's.

Baitcasters are a mix of Pflueger Summit's and Patriarch's, with two Revo Winches doing crankin' duty.

Most of my rods are All Star's - ASR's and TAS's mostly, although I do have a few home-built rods for special techniques and such.

I have "spares" in the rod racks, but those are my primary combo's.

All the best,

Glenn

Ken,

You are doing fine... From my perspective you do not need any therapy... justy a few trolling combos and some more crankbaits... LOL

Same as a few other's........too many to list, although I did sell a few combo's a month or so ago....but who's kidding who,..I'm just making room for the 2010 order! ...:blink:

I quit counting....me head was hurting!

Mini,

I started to add up what I had in tackle ($ wise) one day. I made the mistake of starting with my jerkbait box, which has quite a few L/C Pointers in it. By the time I finished adding up that box, I had to stop and puke. :lol: Jeez! We spend a lot of money on tackle, don't we?

All the best,

Glenn

Too damn much as my wife puts it! Mini your head started hurting because you ran out of fingers and toes!:D

The Dragon

Well, with the rod & reel sickness I see here, I now know where to post mine for sale when I decide to. It sure doesn't look like they'd last long:lol::eek:

Uncle Billy

TG - I have 12 plano boxes FULL of jerkbaits and I just dropped another $140 on closeout LC pointers last friday (@$7.50 ea.) :) I am definately addicted to jerkbaits.

dragon - I would need a team of basketball players fingers and toes to count em. And I have downsized in the past 5 years!

Latest posts

Back