How many of you use Braid for drop-shotting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Foster

Reaction score

I was thinking on going to a Braid or the like for Drop-Shotting.

Using it for the main line and tying to a small swivel. Then attaching a Fluorocarbon leader to the swivel.

Have any of you tried this already? How did you like it?

Thanks

John

Problematic. Braid does not like to sink. Braid....even with a leader is going to be visable unless you use 3 feet + of leader material. Dropshot is finesse....I use 6-8lb test mono and will fish it very deep. I just have never had the urge to tie on braid unless I am flipping heavy grass mats, pads or cover. I will drag a tube with braid but that's it.

TOXIC

Yeah, I dont think it would work to well for Dropshotting. Best leave it for the Topwater frogs and flipping the heavy stuff. However, when the water is stained, I do use 14-17 lbs test Fluorocarbon for Dropshotting. It works well.

Max <><

I used Braid for shottin only very deep(40 ft). I used it quite a bit last year up on the thousand islands, the feel of the bite was much better, plus I had a 1/2 oz shot on it too, caught alot of smallies like that

I have a Dawia Sol spinning reel with braid topped with about 15 feet of fluorocarbon around 8 test. I tie them together with a uni to uni knot. I use this set up for lots (almost all) of my drop shot on Clear Lake CA.

I like it because I have the feel of the braid and the stealth of the fluorocarbon.

I recently tried that Berkeley Crystal only and it worked, but I only did that once, gotta check out that line some more before I decide how much I like it.

Latest posts

Back