How about biggest carp:)

• Thread starter TOMMY RICH [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/59
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Here's a couple of old pic's from my archives:) Anybody else hook into a big ol' carpy:)
CarpKing.jpg

ROFL!! I actually got one at home, Tommy! I'l go scan it and post it this evening if I get a chance..... Not a big fish - only about 5# - but a carp none the less!

BTW Stac...mine was caught on 4 lb. test and an utra-light rod and a GOOD 20 minute battle. Almsot ran off all my

line:(

The Queen has me beat by 2 lbs. I won't lie though, She didn't bring it to the boat...she couldn't get a handle on it:)

22 pound bighead carp caught on spinning tackle with 8 pound line. Snagged in the tail, put up one heck of a fight.

I will have to find the photo but up here in WI I got a 67 pound carp bow fishing about 3 years back, when I go home for lunch I'll try to dig out the photo to scan and post..

"Hey! Ever since the nurse worked me over, I've been REAL good at that! I'd win for sure!"

"Oh..... that was 'carp'..... "

".....never mind....."
Web%20Cam%20ala%20Neeley.jpg

I was talking about YOU,me...I've seen better heads on cheap beer:)

LOL!!

That's Ken Neeley!

The picture was downloaded from The Moors Resort Web Cam by Mini during the rally in April!

13 pound on a jig and minnow below Oahe Dam in South Dakota. Thought I had a bragging walleye.

fatrap

TEE -

For you and others who weren't here two years ago when Ken Neeley told his story and may not have understood the significance of the picture/comments..... Here it is!

re: Emergency room visit

Nice carp...and I believe that may be a hybrid also. The one that Kim has is really unusual and not real common. It is an Israeli carp that were stocked in the lake for vegetation control. It's sides were smooth with very few scales and I mean a brighter orange. Felt like Sharkskin on the sides:)

I posted a message sometime back about hooking a huge carp in a local lake (the same lake I fished with TrepMan).

I couldn't weigh it but I swear it was half the mength of my PT-17 and took 33 minutes to get to the boat. If I had to guess I would say it was as big as the one Dan is showing us. It was the hardest fish to get in that I have ever hooked.

Bill

I hooked that one on a crankbait with 8# BPS Excel line in a canal on the north end of Okeechobee during practice at a BASS event. At first we thought it was a tarpon. (They still catch them in the lake, usually closer to either seaway lock.) After 15-20 minutes without the first jump or run to the surface, we started thinking Garp. (Gar or Carp.) Not wanting to lose the little handmade crank on the end of my line, I had to fight it for over 30 minutes to tire it out and get my bait. It looked like a giant wild shiner, but I guess that's what grass carp are. It was a hoot!

Ken, that is a little one. What made it cool was that it was caught while crappie fishing on a 5'4" rod and 4lb test :)

Mini

Latest posts

Back