Houma Louisiana area - Cocodrie, Dulac, Port Fourchon

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Well guys, I'm wondering if we got any Cajuns on this forum down towards the south of Louisiana. I'm making several trips to Houma LA as my base camp (Quality Inn Hotel) to do some marsh fishing and maybe, just maybe a trip offshore if the waves are calm (can't stand the pounding - hurts the chest too bad with a pacemaker).

I'm planning on fishing the Dulac LA area down around Cocodrie Bay, Catfish Lake down by Golden Meadow, LA and my current favorite spot Port Fourchon marshes. My buddy has a 30ft boat docked there and has a camp nearby he generally goes to almost every weekend (he lives in West Monroe area of the woods up north LA).

I'm going Sept 10th-15th, Oct 1st-7th and Oct 15th-21st. The last 2 trips is for the red snapper season in the hopes I can get offshore if weather/wind cooperates enough. Last time out they thought I was gonna die (last year in June). That really suck to find out my offshore adventures is severely curtailed. But I should have know when just using a riding mower, if I go too fast on it hurts my chest pretty good (makes is like a minor heart attack) and I had those folks scared I was having a major one (it really HURT) but ONLY while the boat was moving busting waves. Once in intercoastal waterway and slow down I was fine. So most of the time I just marsh fish.

My buddy's 2 boys (well young men now, one just got married and other will in Nov) have guided me on their boat since last year so I kinda know my way around Port Fourchon area now. Hotels down in Golden Meadow have become way too expensive now catering to oil companies with a bad attitude and stinky rooms with cockroaches big enough, they open the door for you and tell you where to put your luggage at.

So if anybody's down that way and want to go fishing, just holler. I'll be posting pics and maybe a video or two here.

Keep me in the back of your head for next year, my fishing buddy in Cleveland wants to come down and go fishing. I was looking at Striper on Lake Ouachita (I live about an hour from Lake Ouachita) and your area would be very exciting. He is up for all types of fishing. We used to charter out of Turtle Creek on Lake Erie. The charter Captain liked us and we made sure he was over every night for cookouts. I will be seeing the back surgeon very soon and when fixed game on.

cq

Latest posts

Back