Here She is!!!!

• Thread starter Bryan Craft [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Craft

Reaction score
Well here is the boat I had mentioned the other day that I was purchasing. The boat is a '00 with a 150 hp Opti having only 8.3 hrs on the motor. 4 hrs of that time was at an idle!!! The ole boy who had it before me bought it new and had it on the water TWICE! It has been sitting for almost 2 1/2 years. Unforunately, most of that time was out in the backyard with a Harbor Freight blue tarp tied down with bungees (makes me sick).

Took it out today, all I can say is "wow", this is my first bass boat. If the speedo is correct I was able to get her to about 63(+/-1) mph. I did find out something tho, if you don't have that motor trimmed all the way down that nose shoots right up. Kind of took me off guard at first, but I figured it out. Now it is time to go fishing.

Bryan
882_04.JPG

Oh, I forgot to ask.....Where can I get a good cover for this boat? Here is another picture on a sunny day.

Bryan
882_01.JPG

Congrats on the new ride. I own a 882 as well and its a great boat. your going to love it. as far as a cover goes go to a nitro dealer and get the nitro one. I have one for mine and it fits very nice, is reinforced in all the right places and is very waterproof. i have had mine for two years and its good as new. i think they cost like 400 bucks or so. The cover is setup so you can trailer with it on too.

Nice boat! Even though it is fiberglass.....pretty and sparkly.....yeah sparkly!

TEE

Happy Tin Owner

I just bought a cover for my '95 Stratos from boatcoversdirect.com. It is very good quality, and fits like a glove - almost too tight. Goes over the complete boat and has a motor 'top hat' also. It's reinforced in the front, but not over the two consoles. Also, I need to remove the two fishing seats to put it on, but that's understandable. I paid around $200.00 for it. Takes about 10 days to make it, ship it and for you to receive it. I'm not sure though that they make one specifically for your Nitro. At first glance, didn't look like it. Might give them a call though.

I have also had a custom cover from Tracker Marine. Very nice also. I think that the only real advantage that I saw with the Tracker Marine cover, was the additional reinforcement at the windshield. It tore about 11 months into being used, but it was repaired at no charge. I paid $350-400 for it. Took about 3-4 weeks to get it.

Just some options to think about.

Nice looking boat. I experienced the same 'nose in the air' when I first took my Stratos out on Wednesday.

Tex
http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

Sweeeet! And NO, don't trust the speedo, use a GPS. But that speed does sound about right for an 882 with an opti.

That is one of my favorite boats... A friend, Corey Carrico, member here, has one and I love fishing from that boat. You are gonna love it...

great looking boat!!!! Dare I ask the final price????

I have a 2000 and was thinking of selling?

Kraig

Ya stole my boat!!! Go to my member link We have twins!!

You will love that boat!!!

Mark

Kraig,

I was able to get him to take 18,500 for the boat. When I took the boat to the Merc mechanic he told me the NADA shows the hull to be worth 15K and the motor about 9K which seemed a little on the high side. Still, 18,500 for a boat that has been on a lake twice, ran for 8 hours and retails for about $26,000 to your front door new, I think I did alright.

Bryan

Calkid, I have a 2002 882DC similar to yours with a 150hp Optimax. the speedo is innacurate by a few mph but my boat fully loaded with just me and my gear aboard does 62- 64mph by GPS so your speedo readings were probably close. I absolutely love the boat & I bet your going to love yours too. Congratulations!

Thanks for all of your kind words everyone...I am new to this board and have found every one very respectful and pleasant. That is usually not the case with other discussion boards.

Bryan

I have a cover from DOWCO and customer service is great, I broke 2 straps so they sent me the whole set. http://www.dowco-inc.com/

bryan,

great boat and the price is right, you did well.

i just bought an 2003 NX882dc. i opted to go with the four stroke. i payed $20140.00

same boat with the optimax 150 would have been $25695.00

good luck

Latest posts

Back