Hello-New to the site and new Nitro owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven evans

Reaction score
How ya'll is? I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading through a few posts and like the forum. I started the process on my new Z8 on 1-30-13. My problem is that I work offshore and came back out here to the rig yesterday. I won't be home until February 14 and pick up my boat on the 15th. With all of this excitement and anticipation It is going to be an extremely long 14 days. I purchased a new 2011 Z8 boat with a 2012 - 250 Opti Pro XS.

Welcome. I've learned so much from asking questions here. Everyone is very helpful.

Yeah from what I've been reading I believe that you are correct. I've seen some really good information on here so far.

Welcome to the best site on the net.... Congrats on the new boat!!! With any luck you will make lasting friendships here...

Congrats on the new boat !!! Getting ready to pull the trigger myself on a new boat. Got lots of help from alot of people here. Great site...

Steven any chance you'll be running that new boat out to the rig to show off. Remember salt water requires a tiny bit more care.

fatrap

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna try riding to the rig in it lol. We're about 50 miles out of Venice La. right now. I do a lot of fishing in Venice, but I hang in the river and the marsh. I will post some pics when I pick it up.

Welcome on board! You will love it here. Lots of knowledge from the people on this site. Congrats on the new boat too!!

Congrats on the new boat Steve. You will be happy with that one. Just be careful at first because it is a very fast boat.

Thanks everyone. Rich thanks for the advice. I will be careful and take my time learning how the boat operates. I've been doing a lot of reading on chine walk among other things. This isn't my first boat but it is my first "brand new" boat and also the first one that can go above 50 MPH. My fishing buddy has a Bullet with a 300 Merc. I've driven it but never gotten out of my comfort zone. He is experienced at it though, and has run near 90 MPH. I need a lot more seat time. My favorite motor to run, is mounted on the bow of the boat. I like keeping a hook wet (actually have a much better chance of catching a fish that way).

Latest posts

Back