HB COVER SUITABLE FOR TRAILORING

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Wagner

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can purchase a cover for both a 500 and 700 series HB which will protect the units while tailoring? HB informed me their covers are not suitable for use while tailoring. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Al

If you don't have them flush mounted, remove them when trailering.

Crap! :( I wish you told me that the Humminbird covers weren't good for trailering. Apparently, mine have been fooled and working for several years. What are you expecting them to do that Humminbird says won't happen? I have driven in the rain with mine; no problems. Regardless, you should be able to get covers at Bass Pro.

Doh - Turn the entire unit around 180 degrees and the wind won't blow them off and still protect them.

Doh - Turn the entire unit around 180 degrees and the wind won't blow them off and still protect them.

I gotta agree with TOXIC. For what they cost take them off if you can. I know of two people in our club that had theirs stolen while paying for fuel at the quikie mart. Bastards were fast, they said they only in the store for a minute. Didn't even notice they were gone until they got to the ramp. Not worth the chance in my opinion. Just my .02

I always take mine off since they dont stay on well when trailering. I lost one off my 798 which is mounted the the dash when i forgot to take it off and it blew off on the freeway. I know it left on I495 in Mass and i saw it get run over by an 18 wheeler.

Thank you fellows for all your suggestions, both pro and con, they are much appreciated.

Al

Mine blew off as well. I only drive about 55 or 60 to ramp and tried to secure it with a piece of string. Apparently string came untied or was not tight enough at the start. found it on way home. Now I remove unit at home and put back on at the ramp. The cover is sitting in the garage for what I don't know.
Brantley

And let's not forget that one rock to the unit can make for big damage and why chance it with what these things cost nowadays?

Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can purchase a cover for both a 500 and 700 series HB which will protect the units while tailoring? HB informed me their covers are not suitable for use while tailoring. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Al
I personally remove my units before trailering but it is not uncommon for me to see people wrap rubber bands around their stock unit covers. Wrap two or three thicker rubber bands and the covers should stay on with ease. This if for units that are not flush mounted.

Latest posts

Back