HB 898C HDSI

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my case Wayne and Greg, I have the DI / SI trans mounted to the the transom, works great at idle and that's when I'm scouting. I would like however a depth reading on plane for the unit and using the Y cable plus the XP 9 20 shoot thru will give me this if I understand correctly, what I won't get is a DI image, thats fine. Would be great if it did easily but no biggy and I don't expect SI at more than idle speed. I'm sure as technology progresses, DI at speed thru the hull won't be an issue.

Yes that is the way it works with a Side Imaging unit. You have to understand that the DI image with a SI unit is computer generated using the SI crystals. They are on the sides of the transducer--not the bottom.

The bottom of a transducer is epoxied to the inside of a hull.

Technology already exists IF you had one of the DI models, you could have on-plane DI with a shoot-thru DI/2D transducer that is standard for all the DI models. There are about 18 Humminbird models (current and discontinued) with DI/2D.

Latest posts

Back