Hatch pull straps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
I am using a deck extension on my 188 Sport. I would like to add pull straps for the 2 hatches and livewell so I do not have to keep removing the deck extension everytime I need to open these hatches. These hatches do not come with these straps since you can open them directly when the extension is not in. Does anyone know where I can purchase or order these nylon pull straps for the hatches?

Thanks,

Paul

You can also get them at any outdoor outfitter and can cut to length. I did it with all of the seat pulls and rear deck pulls on my 929. It looks GREAT and works much better (stronger) than the originals.

TOXIC

Jim -

Thanks for the offer and great idea, I really appreciate it. It turns out that I also have some left over strips from my boat cover straps. I will either use these or see if some local stores (thanks Toxic) have nylon straps which may be a closer match to the ones I currently have.

Thanks again,

Paul

Wallyworld. In the sporting goods area. Where they have all the camping knick-nacks. In a blister pack by American Camper.

Anybody know where to buy those colapsable spring things that hold open a lid? When opened the spring is straight and tight which firmly hold the lid open and to close you just push the center of the spring and it folds down. Know the ones? The gas things for lids cost too much...

LT

I called Marine USA in Worcester, MA, where I purchased my boat. The parts department is mailing 3 of them to my home at $2.93 per strap. 3 straps including shipping and tax was 16.23.

Wal-Mart in the fabric department! You can get a yard for like $0.68!

Tim King

I figured that but didn't want the agravation of buying the a tool and hardware to insert a rivet/gromet in the nylon and any stitching required to do it right.

I'm not replacing but adding them to my front hatches. The original seems to be very durable and should last. So I'm hoping to never be confronted with this again.

I used a red hot screwdriver!! LOL!! The stuff melts like butter but is very durable. I even replaced my seat pulls. Looks better and I used the old screws and grommets.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back