Hammer BIG bass!

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
I am sure that he caught this off of a Senko on the cold side of Anna, but other then that I will let the big man tell us the rest of the story

47b7cf04b3127cceb11eea9dcc7b00000026100Bat3DduxZsf

Thanks CIII,

Let me tell you the story.....

Yesterday was a day I did not want to be on the lake....I woke up with my ear full of fluid, it was 19 degrees when I launched, had a 1/2 day trip and when I met my 2 clients I had them figured out pretty quick...spinning rods and crankbaits were all they threw, oh well, at least it's only 1/2 day. Got them in the boat and start motoring out of Sturgeon.....Water pressure gage is reading -0-....oh chit, I am waiting for the overheat alarm but figure it might just be frozen so I motor over to Hackney's and get the clients throwing lures. 5 wind knots for them later, I pull out the Reel Magic and lube up their line. Just to pass the time I pick up my Sammy and pitch it to a point. KaaaBlew!!!, a nice 3 lber inhales it. They do get a couple on their cranks. Go over to my tree and they pick up a couple more bank runners. It was then through conversation that I find out these guys are back from Iraq and just wanted to get out, 1/2 day fare is all they could scrape up (actually it's all their wives would let them spend:lol:. That changed my WHOLE attitude, it was time to fish. Took them over to a deepwater cove that Eric and I fish all the time and usually holds fish. I got out 2 of my best spinning rods and tied up some magic senkos (color 297 of course). They start banging fish 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lb size and they are lovin life....I tell them that there is a fish holding between the ramp and a dead weed bed. They were both releasing fish so I toss a senko (901 laminate) over in there. My line does the tink....tink....and starts moving to deep water in the middle of the cove. I went on point telling them the whole time...watch this hookset. When I rear back, my rod doubles and immediatly starts pulling drag, I call ....nice fish... and then I realize my drag is still singing. I reach down and back it off a couple of cranks and start working the fish to the boat. The water is so clear I see a flash and tell them this is a nice fish guys, I thought it was 4+. I work her over to the passenger side and sit down on my rod locker (CIII knows what that means!!). I reach down and all 4 fingers go in her mouth (I've got the cuts on my fingers to prove it:p ). I swing her in the boat and I thought these guys were gonna faint. Biggest bass either one of them had ever seen. Put her in the well and we proceed to fish the downlake side for another 5 hours. I gave them a full day at a 1/2 day rate and when they tried to tip me, I told them to take their wives out to dinner and thanked them for their service. So, Chris from Sturgeon comes down to the boat and she weighs out at 8 even and exactly 22 inches. What the pic doesn't show is how wide she is (and she is curling her tail twords the camera). What a day!! I came home the happiest I have been in a long time. More for the 2 servicemen than my catch.

TOXIC

That's a nice catch there! Class act what you did for the two guys that day! :)

You did a great thing... More tan money issues, they "knew" they were appreciated...

WoW Toxic, way to go, especially with those guys watching! An 8 lb'er is a braggin' about fish wherever it's caught and just look at the color. It's a beautiful Bass. But what I like about this post more than anything is how you treated those Iraqi Veterans.

You and I met a long time ago and I consider you a really good friend of mine. And what you did for those servicemen today is one of the reasons why and it makes you special friend to me Scott. Those guys will never forget what you did for them, or that fish either.:) And I don't think you'll ever forget it either. That "happy" feeling will be with you and in your heart for a long, long time Scott. I'd rather have that feeling too Scott.

Uncle Billy

P.s. I still want to know what sitting on your rod locker means???

And, does this mean I can't use spinning rods and crankbaits?

Great fish and great service Tox, you truly are a great guy!!

Nice job Tox.

I use spinning rods and crankbaits all the time. :)

Nice fish Hammertime!!! And CIII I know what color it is too!!;):lol:

Here some to compare.

One is 13 lbs. 4 oz

2 others over 10 lbs

One 11.8

And a big brim to contrast. All from SC on hardware.

BassWallWeb.jpg

Friends don't let friends throw senkos. :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back