had to see it to vbelive it!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Went to smith mountain lake this past week. The fishing was slow but thats ok. Was fishing one evening and saw a boat go past me with nobody on board! the game warden was in hot ppursuit. he pulled up next to it and shot it with two barrel of buck shot! it blew the cover off the motor. the boat was then towed somewhere i did not follow. the next day at the marina i asked if they had heard anything and i was told a drunk fisherman fell out of his boat and the game warden "caught it for him" later found out when it hit the paper the boat was a 2001 model with a 225 merc. Ouch what a pricy lesson.

Dang!!! That'll teach him! Poor Merc, let us all observe a moment of silence for this innocent outboard lost to angler stupidity! Sounds like the warden has been watching a little too much "Cops" LOL

Too bad you didn't have your video camera rolling Mike!

Your footage might have made it on Cops!!!

az

Forget the motor, how'd the cop get a buck into a shotgun in the first place??

ancient redneck secret, if I told you Trep, I'd have to batter and fry you.

Good reminder to where my kill switch lanyard more often than I do..... I know, I know I'm guilty. However I am NEVER drunk and / or drinking on my boat.

Marke,

I noticed that it didn't stop you from gettting sloshed on my boat!!!! Maybe it was just a 3 foot wave coming over the bow!! Good reason to wear life jacket and kill switch when the big motor is running.

Bob G.

Uh Rob - Rednecks are from down south? I think when I was growing up in indiana we called them Trailer trash!!!

You might be a Redneck if...

Well normally you would lasso a runaway boat but what the heck, shooting the engine is more exciting. Anyway, it is hard to take down 225 horses in two shots so I'll give the sheriff a 8.5.

Wonder what the penalty is for being and idiot and drunk and falling out of your boat on Smith Mountain lake. I hope the penalty is more than just a dead engine.

Bear

.....if you go to the family reunion to meet girls.

.....if you've ever spray painted your true love's name on an overpass.

.....if you've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.

Um Trep that's a massive misconception. Actually rednecks know no state or county borders. Now hicks on the other hands...... We hunt, fish, drink beer, gots lotsa tackzidermy, pick up trucks, yard fulla 4 weelers, in case one of 'em brakes down, we gots parts. en huntin dogs, gotta have a duzen of um. Got me closit full of plaid shirts, and spend more money every munth on fishin tackle than mortgage. Mac's seen my house, he can attest! LOL That's durn rite, I is trailer trash, tempararely. Only difference between the two is dat rednecks is edicated hicks is all.

Your front porch collapses and kills more than three dogs.

Your baby's first words are "Attention K-Mart shoppers."

Your school fight song was "Dueling Banjos".

You've ever been too drunk to fish.

Your richest relative buys a new house and you have to help take the wheels off it.

You have a house that's mobile and five cars that aren't.

You gene pool doesn't have a "deep end."

You use your fishing license as a form of I.D.

You ever called your sister "Mom" and didn't have to correct yourself.

Your girlfriend has ever called YOUR parents "Ma and Pa".

Your tackle box contains dynamite and blasting caps.

Your family tree is a straight line

If you've ever financed a tatoo

If your idea of Saturday night fun involves a rifle and a spotlight

If you let your wife borrow the teeth when it's her turn to eat

I get a kick out of the locals that tow a $25k boat behind a $1000 '79 Buick, bondo on rust.

had a dude in our club many years ago that pulled a brand new BassCat Pantera II with a rusty ol piece of crap Plymouth Valiant.....the tongue weight of the boat would put the rear bumper 6-8" off the ground!!..ahahahah....i remember following him home one day from a tournament and people would pass us on the left and point at his boat/car combo and start laughin' their heads off!! Here's the best part of all!!,....His 6cyl engine didn't have enough power to pull the boat and trailer out of the water!!..What did he do?? He'd drive the boat up on the trailer and have somebody put the car in "3rd Gear" (it had an auto trans) and FLOOR it!,..then he'd put the boat in gear while it was on the trailer and he'd hammer the trottle and use the boat motor to help PUSH THE DAMN TRAILER AND CAR up the ramp!! ahahahah...as soon as the prop cleared the water he'd shut the motor off and hope the car could pull it out the rest of the way!!....I'm not kiddin' ya!! People on the shore and at the ramp would laugh their fool heads off!!! Water would be spraying everywhere from the hi-5 prop he had on the motor!!..It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life!! He pulled that boat everywhere with that ol Valiant....down south to Bass Cat owner's tournaments,..

up north,...everywhere,....it was unreal!! HE was a guy with screwed up priorities if there ever was one!!..LOL!!

Mac

Hey I resemble that remark, and I have my priorities straight. I have a 1 year old 750 nx towed by a 28 year old chevy pickup. My 6 cylinder can pull my boat out of the water. As soon as I get it fixed I am going to pull my boat with my 53 year old ford pickup. So back off buddy redneck coming thru!!!

What a story, Mac! That belongs in Marke's "Favorite Ramo Stories" from last year! It's a Winner!!

Careful Mac, he probably has a gun rack in the back window of that pick-up and them thar guns is most likely loaded too! LOL And ifn he caint shootcha, he'll sik his blue tick hound on yur bahine.

hahaha,...naw,..the guy's a full fledged loser,...he use to work for bassboat mfgr ,...supposedly got "hurt" on the job...sued the company and went on disability all the while fishing tournaments, traveling, borrowing, stealing, selling his tackle and equipment and trying to collect free money to pay for his addiction to "pain killers". Got fired from another job for embezzelment..got a 2nd divorce and blew what little $$ he got from his Mom's estate when she died. He blew the motor on the boat and had no insurance on the boat/motor or $$ to get it fixed..took the boat to a local dealer and sold the hull w/blown motor and trailer to the dealer for a few hundred bux!! A friend of mine came and told me the dealer had the boat and trailer in a back lot for sale for "2-3G's" but would take any reasonable offer,..LOL!! The boat was totally trashed...it was a '94 I think and all of this took place in the '98-'99 time frame. I have no idea where the dude is today and couldn't care less.....he was a habitual liar and just plane sleezy.

I did buy a whole tackle box full of Terminator spinnerbaits (when they were new and @ $9/ea.) from him for $20!!..LOL...musta got 15 of 'em!! ahahahah...anyway...I haven't heard from him in years and I have no idea if he's even alive! He was a messed up dude,...sad,..but true!!

actually I meant 1fish with the redneck comin thru comment, but THAT guy sounds like a real winner!

Rob - Thanks from the SOURCE for an indepth analysis of the difference between Rednecks, Trailer Trash and Hick!! Man I never new what a complicated world I was getting into when I took up bass fishing LOL!!!!

I guess I qualify too, remember i did tow my 175 with my '92 4 cylinder Saturn for a year!!

Latest posts

Back