Guest onboard charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Marriner

Reaction score
Hello guys (& gals) :)

The fuse connectors on my guest charger are really loose and we have to "wiggle" them to get them to make a good connection. Would it be a good idea switch the fuses to the rectangular automotive type?

The reason I was thinking of switching to that type is because we have had a hard time finding the 9amp SFE fuses that are currently in it. (We had a bad battery so it kept blowing fuses). Along those same lines, I've never seen a 9amp rectangular fuse either, so would I be able to use a 10amp.

I know that using a larger rated fuse is never really a good idea however, I was looking at the manual online but didn't find anything in the manual regarding what size fuse it should be. I found a larger (more amperage) model charger that the manual did suggest using a 15amp fuse. So I was a little confused.

My model type is the 2607A, the Guest website shows it as a 6amp 2 bank charger, however our charger says it's an 8amp 2 bank charger on the label...

Any suggestions, tips??

Thanks guys! It's really appreciated.

You can switch the fuses and holders if you want. I suggest calling customer service first and asking if they have any spares that they can send.

How's tricks Sue? Long time no hear. For those who don't know, Sue D. was the GUEST guru and held the string on all of us pro-staffers. She made GUEST what it is today in the Bassboat world!!:wub:

TOXIC

Thanks Sue, I'll give them a call.

cqbaker, thanks for the link. If Guest sends me replacement couplers and we stick with the SFE fuses it will come in handy!

Thanks.

Richard

Latest posts

Back