Graphs go off when cranking

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Footbass

Reaction score
I've had this problem every since I've had the boat a 2002 nitro nx882 and first thought it was a weak battery causing rhe low voltage but it isn't. I figure it's a wiring issue but don't know where to start. Any gelp is appreciated, thanks.

Tell us more about your setup, are the graphs hooked up to the fuse box or straight to the battery? Is everything hooked to your cranking battery or do you have another battery for your electronics. Is it happening when you have a full charge? I have all my electronics on one battery and my motor and bilge pumps on another. I ended up having to put bigger wire from my battery to my fuse box to keep my graphs running, but before i did that I just wired my graph directly to the battery with an inline fuse and that fixed the issue.

My dad's boat had an issue with his. We bypassed his battery cut-off switch and the problem went away.

Possibly the battery is getting old. It charges, but maybe it's not holding that charge enough. Put it on a charger that shows percentage of battery as it charges and see what percentage the battery is before charging. (Not the amount of volts but the percentage of charge)

The battery may not be sized correctly. You may check the minimum Marine CCA required for your motor. I think on a 150 opti it’s 850 marine CCA. The last battery I bought was a size 31 lead cell dual cranking deep cell just for starting and electronics. If you are buying new look into AGM’s unless you have deep pockets then you can look for Lithium.

Good luck.

Tell us more about your setup, are the graphs hooked up to the fuse box or straight to the battery? Is everything hooked to your cranking battery or do you have another battery for your electronics. Is it happening when you have a full charge? I have all my electronics on one battery and my motor and bilge pumps on another. I ended up having to put bigger wire from my battery to my fuse box to keep my graphs running, but before i did that I just wired my graph directly to the battery with an inline fuse and that fixed the issue.
My graphs are hooked to the fuse box but at one time I did run my front graph directly to the battery and I don't remember it doing that but the other two continued to do it. My battery is fully charged when it does but also throughout the day.

Latest posts

Back