GPS Fish Finder screen protector film

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
Do anyone have a screen protector film that can be safe to the screen if I decide to take it off....

There are several brands and some even recommend by retailers of those products for that use.
B-U-T, been there done that.

A highly recommended one is NuShield DayVue. All sorts of glowing reports about how well they work.

Well I got one for one of my Humminbird 1198c SI units for testing. I put it on the unit I use at the bow.

What it did in function is make my screen a mirror. I had the pleasure of watching myself fish for 1/2 day, LOL
Seeing what the unit was displaying was reduced due to the reflections.
I waited until mid day to get the full affect of its capabilities and took a picture of the two units beside each other with the displays at the same angle. After I took that picture, I removed (comes off easily with no residue) that wonderful failure and later threw it in the trash can at the ramp.

What is does is defeat the anti-glare coating on the screen and it adds another layer that physically darkens the display.
The benefit of it is you don't get water spots or finger prints on the unit screen ( it covers the screen-DUH )

My advice is to carry some Windex Multi-surface with Vinegar and a mico-fiber cloth and clean the display as needed.

This is the picture; the unit on the left has the DayVue---
See the nice blue sky and my orange shirt on the left one?

I bought one on line designed specifically for the HB and cost $15, had a matt anti glare finish and I can't remeber the brand. It was absolute crap, the ikmage darkened so much and the matt finished caused any sharp edge to blur. Took it off and threw at in the bin. I then bought some Screen Protectors on line for a 10" tablet, 5 for $10 and cut them to suit and they work great, a little reflection but not much, easy to remove also.

I always carry the spectacle wipes from Walmart that work terrific and cost almost nothing.

Thank you so much guys...! I would stay away from them and keep doing what I'm doing and that's cleaning the unit with the multiple surface windex as soon I get home... As Wayne says the windex multi surface works just great...
I would add a small bottle on the boat in case it gets dirty during the day and problem solve...✨

Latest posts

Back