Got the reels now how about rods for $100 (or less)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and info...

See my later post about the reels I bought....

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_102287_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1

Huge thumbs up on Mini's suggestion. That's a great price on a quality reel.

If you want to save a couple bucks, I've got a new Asaro for sale, as well as two used, but in very good condition (cleaned, lubed, in factory boxes) Supremes for sale as well. I'm about to do a price drop on the Supremes too.

All the best,

Glenn

Exactly my choice too....either the PQ or the Rick Clunn reels.....both are EXCELLENT!

I have a few of the BPS Rick Clunn reels that are 5 years old and they have proven very durable and still smooth. I thnk the new ones are still very similar in design to what I have.

I have the Pro Qualifier too and like it well enough. Another option is Shimano's entry level baitcaster for about $50.00 - the Callisto CSO100. I picked one up on a lark and actually like it pretty well. Smooth casting and all the necessary basic features. Field & Stream's July issue rated it the top entry-level baitcasting reel.

I have a lot of rick clunns, I wouldnt use any thing else

Rick Clunn 08 Edition and also the 09' Edition are top of the line in my opinion. Best $100 you can spend.

Okay,

First, after the suggestions here, I figured I could be safe in buying a BP Pro Qualifier... So, I did. It and a few other things are on the way to my house...

Also, I bought a BPS Extreme Baitcaster with the flippin switch as an additional reel. (Like I really needed another one, but oh well!) It will do double duty for me since I like baitcasters with flippin switches for running three ways for walleyes/saugers.

Now, I need to pair them both up with a nice rod... same criteria... under $100

Primarily I will need one crank bait rod and one for flipping and pitching. I am going to probably add one more setup after I get familiar with these two. I am taking this to a whole new level for me... decent gear for bass fishing.

I agree with MacDaddy but for rods that are as tough as nails, CastAway has some unbelievable specimens!! I still have rods that I got 7 years ago when I started with them. Only one I have ever broken was in the bed of my truck.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back