Got my barreled action back

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Now the fun begins. Got my Remington 700 barreled action back yesterday. 300 Win Mag with a 22 inch Douglas Target barrel. Did the trigger at 2.5 pounds last night and duracoated barrel and stock today.. WWII OD Green and tomorrow I'll do some feathering camo lines in medium dessert tan maybe a smudge of grey. Got the scope last week along with Powder, primer's but now it's lacking 30mm rings and bullets to load ammo with. Can't find any 190 or 200 grain BTHP Match bullets.
fatrap

Now the fun begins. Got my Remington 700 barreled action back yesterday. 300 Win Mag with a 22 inch Douglas Target barrel. Did the trigger at 2.5 pounds last night and duracoated barrel and stock today.. WWII OD Green and tomorrow I'll do some feathering camo lines in medium dessert tan maybe a smudge of grey. Got the scope last week along with Powder, primer's but now it's lacking 30mm rings and bullets to load ammo with. Can't find any 190 or 200 grain BTHP Match bullets.
fatrap

Sounds like a plan so far... .300 WM is a race horse... Mine is tough to load for.... have not found a powder it really likes consistently.... 4350... Varget... 4895 all have "trouble" with varying aspects. Good luck.... mine is a Rem 700 Douglas Supreme (1980) #3 contour (fairly light) 25"...

Greg, Have you tried playing with seating depth? The other thing I'd try are Federal's Large Rifle Magnum Match primers. They have a more consistent burn than regular mag primers.

I will try the primers... I had three rifles built at the same time, all identicall; 7mm RM, 300 WM and a .338 WM all three Rem 700 and Douglas Supreme #3 contour 25-26" (cut to harmonic node). The 7mm and the .338 will eat anything. The .300 is affected by the moon phases! Frankly, I have stopped shooting the .300 out of frustration. I may rebarrel it and see what happens. It has about 350 rounds down the tube. But, I will make up some loads with the suggested primers and see what happens.

this%20thread%20is%20worthless%20without%20pics.gif

Latest posts

Back