Good Mornin' - N.T.O.W.S. - Tuesday

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good Mornin' Y'All..

Not much going on here.. My canopy that I've had over the boat and trailer for three years has started to disintegrate. Well, the material anyway.:huh: I went to tighten it up yesterday and discovered that. I have another canopy top from one that the snow made collapse a few years ago so I might just try pulling that over the old one and see what happens. I also have two sides and a back that I never put up/used.

Now for the $64. dollar question. All of that is free but quite a bit of work for me that I don't know if I can do. I can't get on any ladders and Nancy sure can't either but everything is free. And every time it snows someone has to keep going outside to knock the snow off.

The other choice is to buy one of the metal ones and have that installed. There is a place right up the street from me that sells those and also sells prefabbed little houses and garage type buildings made by the Amish. They have learned they have to move from the area they are now so there are some deals. The metal car port I was looking at was $795. and I had to get it. Sunday he told me $695. and he would deliver and anchor it!:) He also offered one of the nice wooden garages, usually $3700. but now for $2700.

That's what I would really like but I would need a permit and take a lot of my fence down and it's a lot more money. If I remember right it's 14'x 24' with two windows, wooden floor, garage door, regular door.

Right now I'm leaning toward the metal $695 one. It's a lot cheaper and I don't have to deal with the county. I also think that the sides and back of my other canopy would fit this one if I really needed it.

Everyone have a great and safe day!

Uncle Billy

Uncle Bill - Home early today, was in an inside conf. room all day on the phone and Beka calls at 2pm to say "afterschool activities are cancelled today for the kids, and no school tomorrow! There is a Typhoon estimated to hit Shanghai tonite with 100+mph winds!" I came out of the conf. room and everyone was running around getting out of the office early. So i'm at the house, this will be interesting, we are on the top floor of a 30story apartment building one of 4 in the complex and the tallest buildings in the area. Hopefuly Typhoon Wipha will made land south of us and all we'll get is rain.

Interesting dilemna came up on the way home, I took a lady who I work with who is from Singapore and speaks clear engligh AND chinese was helping me communicate with my driver to drop her off, take our Ayi and her electric bike home and we had an interesting discussion - How do I tell him to pick me up or not tomorrow morning? Instant Messaging is huge here on cell phones but he doesn't read engligh, and I can't type chinese! So we figured a system, I'll get up early and if I text message him the number 1, he comes to pick me up, 2 is office closed do not pick me up. Now, I just realized what happens if I tell him 1 (pick me up) but his home/area is flooded and he can't get to me??? Backup plan - My friend who speaks chinese will be the intermediary, such is life in a different country!!

Bill - I'd go with the $695 one and offer him $600 even, if you blow the $$ on the real garage and the county says no, you are out the cash!!!

Trep

Morning all.

Bill, If you get the metal one, you might want to get the "vertical" roof panels. The snow will slide off a lot easier.

Bob G.

Unca Billy - As you know, I have the metal one (24' x 36') for the boats and I have the sides and back covered also. If you can get that done it will be well worth the investment. They are virtualy maintenance free unlike th wooden shed you are also thinking about. Go cheaper and without the county being involved. Also recommend the sides and back to protect even more.

Uncle Billy, I agree with Trep. Hope everything works o.k.. Good Morning Everyone.

Bubby

Billy

My Dad bought a metal carport and it's awsome. He uses it for a mud room before you go into the house. Closed the sides in.

Trepper. I've done three Hurricanes and one of those at sea. Unlike a tornado, which is common here, you think the "canes" will never end. Batten down the hatches.

fatrap

Fatrap - Luckily the eye landed well south of Shanghai, it actualy looks nice this morning, but looks like heavy rain tonite/tomorrow, but no real nasty wind which is good. Kids have the day off, so Beka will want to eat them by the time I get back from the office today!!! LOL

Trep

Latest posts

Back