GM and the "Road to Recovery" event...

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://www.Camaro5.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
..the "General" helping out the Vet's.......pretty cool!! Thought a few of you would be interested in seein/reading this!! Sorry about the size of the pix's...but i left them as big as possible so you could see the details in the paint job. (This is real PAINT...NOT a wrap.)

At the Road to Recovery event, there were two very special vehicles - the Military Tribute Camaros - that were brought to the event as a way to honor the Men and Women of America's Armed Forces. The art on the Camaros is original paint and not graphic wraps. Both of the vehicles were custom-airbrushed by world-renowned artist Mickey Harris, airbrusher of 33 years, who put over 100 hours of painting into each vehicle.

The Military Tribute Camaro represents all five branches of the Armed Forces on separate sections of the car. The front driver side represents the Army, the rear driver side represents the Navy, the front passenger side represents the Marine Corps, the rear passenger side represents the Air Force, and the trunk section represents the Coast Guard. The Military Tribute Camaro also incorporates some of the military's highest individual awards and current campaign medals - the Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, and Afghanistan Campaign Medal on the driver side; the Navy Cross, Bronze Star, and Iraqi Campaign Medal on the passenger side.

In honor of Memorial Day, the 2010 Military Tribute Camaros were also displayed at the 2010 Indianapolis 500 race, brought by the GM Military Discount program. Additionally, the vehicles were featured as Camaro-of-the-Week on the following website at http://www.Camaro5.com , where more information can be found about these special vehicles.

Camaro_HighRes1.jpg

Camaro_HighRes2.jpg

Camaro_HighRes3.jpg

http://www.Camaro5.com

TOTALLY Cool Mac! Meyer said it best "way past cool!"

Wow! Nice! Thinking about a Tahoe myself if I have to pull this wrapped boat all over the US but they are so dang expensive and I happen to love my Jeep.

Go talk to a local GM dealer about a "promo deal" for a Tahoe or Avalance or even a Silverado.....wrapped with their dealership name and your sponsor's logo's etc..etc.....you could be very pleasantly surprised how it may work out for ya!!:rolleyes:

BTW,...a BIG 'ol Rosie on the hood would look pretty freakin' SWEET!!!:wub:

Mac, I thought about that but I highly doubt they would be interested in little ole me. KVD maybe, TCC not likely.

BTW Mac, I told Zipper I wanted your characters to remain on my jersey. They worked around the design you did for me. I did have them remove "scales and tales" in case there was licensing issues. I will have the jersey in time for show.

There are NO licensing issues,......but Jeri told me about the new jersey's lastnight when I talked to her...they sound awesome.

That gave me chills Mac. Can you send the full size pics to me at work? They guys will love these.

Nice job..I am still waiting for the Z28 Mac...When will they build It???/ As for now I am letting the ford set In the garage and wait until warm weather It has 40 miles on it..HA HA...I hope they get the engine In It I want at least 650 hp,,,,,One nice thing GM does add some standard equip that ford doesn't....The price of the 2ss conv,loaded Is cheaper than the mustang also...Great company as long as they keep sending those retirement checks..HEE HEE:):)JR

Back