Global Warming? Anybody "really" know?

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://video.google.com/videoplay?
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno but the biggest blizzard in a long time just nailed Iowa so the global warming is a hard sell here right now.

I doubt it, but then again Al gore knows just ask him,:lol:

If you only listen to the media(CNN, MSNBC, NY TIMES, LA TIMES ect) we are dead, and you only get 1 sided views, if you research it on the net, you can lists of credible scientists that oppose and say why, so thats the only way to get both views, other than the video just posted above, only now are the people comming forward about how inaccurate Egores movie really was.

Fart in an elevator, then ask the people around you if it changed the environment any...

I think (No research, just opinion) that man had to have had an impact, especially during the peak of the industrial revolution. You can't pump that much "junk" into the air without it having some effect. We have improved the quality of emissions, so probably slowed any changes, but damage has been done and I doubt it can be repaired.

Rich D

There's no doubt that we have an impact. BUT.....the same experts who are predicting catastrophic global warming now were predicting a catastrophic ice age in the early 70's. Ask yourself the following questions:

Why was there an ice age, and why did it end?

Why are the polar ice caps melting - on Mars?

Why were average global temps in the 1930's warmer than current temps?

IMHO - there are much greater forces at work here than what we can control.

Just my $.02.

TJ

The Plate tetonics thoery just got handed a problem on the bottom of the sea that defies the theory. We just don't know anything for sure. So many variables

All I know is it was 80 yeaterday and snowing today :angry: my question is why is it nice weather during the work week and then come the weekend it stinks :angry:

Among the many things that came from the video I posted.... water vapor is a "greenhouse gas"... Now something like 2/3rds of the earth's surface is water... And, the sun does shine sometimes... CO and CO2 make up only a small portion of the total "greenhouse gases" emitted in a day... So many other sources of CO and CO2... :eek:

I wish global warming would hurry the hell up..... its cold and windy here around Chicagoland and I'm trying to decide on where i'm headed for a week or two of fishing... Supposed to leave early in the morning and still uncertain of our destination, even took the day off work to get ready to go..

Original destination..... Okeechobee

Updated deestination... Guntersville

Optional destination.... AMISTAD!!!!!! (Lookin real good about now)

Mike

Yes, I do.

But why in the face of some much unknown, do we choose to ignore the most dangerous outcome?

It's just another way to make the world(mainly U.S. residents) pay more taxes and redistribute wealth.Anything the U.N. is for and it concerns my pocket,I am against!

The video further convinces me that Al Gore is the greatest carnival barker of the modern era. I had already read essays from many of those same scientists, but the video puts it all together in a way that leaves little room for global warming fantasy tales.

But why in the face of some much unknown, do we choose to ignore the most dangerous outcome?

Marty, what are the most dangerous outcomes you face when you get up in the morning? A meteor falling on your head? An airplane crash taking out your house? A previously unknown fault line running under your town which might cause your neighborhood to be swallowed in a giant sinkhole?

These are all possibilities. The issue, relative to whether you think about them or ignore them, is the likelihood of these things occuring.

all i have to say on this subject is 10000 years ago it was 20 to 30 degrees warmer than it is now. and for those of us old enough, in the early 70's late 60's the scientists were predicting we were headed for an ice age. how can you predict something like this in only 100 years of data, the earth is a billion years old. it would be like looking at a picture of you 100 years from now and trying to guess every little detal about your life .

mike c

HA !!! They can't even correctly tell me what the weather is going to do tomorrow !!!:wacko:

I think it's a bunch of bull... But if anybody really believes in everything Al says, I'll be glad to sell them some "carbon credits"....cash only please. ;)

Steve

Global warming v. Asteroid falling on my head? Apples v. Orangutans.

We can't do much about asteroids, but we can change the way we pollute the air.

Marty, it is apples v. apples if you stop believing that humans are the reason the earth is getting warmer. Give it some thought.

How can you not believe AL? After all a tree probably told him. How can you argue with a tree?.

Seriously though a hundred years of record keeping in the life of the earth is probably less than 1/1,000,000 of a second compared to a humans life time.

Should we try to conserve on pollution? Sure we should but for other obvious reason such as our and our children's health not for some ridiculous thing like global warming. Global warming if there is such a thing has been going on since the ice age. I doubt that humans have a significant effect on it at all.

If it was only Al Gore claiming it to be true, then I would dismiss it.. BUT, Melissa Etheridge is also! She even won a grammy for it, so I it must be true. ;)

There sure is global warming and it started right after the ice age stopped the norther polar ice cap made it way to Jefferson Missouri and since has melted back to it's preseant day location. Where were the cars then??

Back